Well well, yet another Plextor problem!
I get exactly the same symptom on my computer.
I’ve had no problems of this kind whatsoever until now.
I have noticed this problem when Plextor sent me their fw1.05 beta b for testing. I have reported the problem to Plextor. No comment from them.
Then they sent me fw1.05 beta c. Exactly the same problem. I’ve immediately reported again this to Plextor, and I’ve hoped that they would fix it before they release the final version of fw1.05.
Still no comment, and they haven’t fixed it … still the same problem. I’ve reported it again to Plextor and I haven’t heard anything from them since!!! They usually were (until now) pretty quick in answering … especially since I was talking with a manager not a simple engineer … now they don’t even bother to answer :a
Since then I’ve reinstalled my system from scratch, updating to a slipstreamed SP2 … I’ve installed the original plextools from the CD and same thing happens … it seems to me to be independent from Plextools … e.g. a BUG in Firmware … why only some users are affected I don’t know … our systems are very different and yet this happens to both of us … and not only!