Plex Pro Tools & XP

Greetings All,

I was wondering if anyone had any trouble with this? The reason I ask is cause on my XP Pro system it seems there is quite a few issues with it, which I am still trying to narrow down. Here is abreak down of what would be important as to this issue thats in my system:

Dual PIII 1Ghz With 890MB of ram.

4 Burners (yes 4)

Plextor 24x
Plextor 12X
Plextor Premium
Yamaha 44X

All IDE on there own channels.

9 IDE HD’s

Now for some reason, it seems everytime I install the Plextools (and yes I upgraded it to 2.02a) if I allow it to startup during XP’s booting up, the system will blue screen with the error:

IRQL_IS NOT LESS THAN_EQUAL.

If i remove the shortcut from the startup folder and start it manually (so far) it works, but takes a seriously long time to load up and get the gui up. I have tried disabling the IMAP burning service, and leaving it in its default manual state, still it loads slow.

I am still searching to see the cause, but so far I have uninstalled, every burning software and the only one I have left is EZCD 6 which I didnt uninstall yet to find the cause, but I still dont know if its the software, drive, or the firmware.

Anyone else have this trouble, or heard of it? Any other questions feel free if more info needed.

Originally posted by AngelDeath

the only one I have left is EZCD 6 which I didnt uninstall yet to find the cause,
but I still dont know if its the software, drive, or the firmware.

Hi, AD !

Great burners ! :stuck_out_tongue:

Heard of EZCD 6 not being a real good compatible partner with the other burning SWs.
By disabling the IMAPI you’ll eliminate one of the possible causes of the SWs’ conflicts.

BoSkin, it doesnt seem to be a software conflict from what I see, and if it is its not from each other, cause EZCD6 Doesnt even recognize the Burner other then a normal CD rom, so it cant be used with EZCD, But I am still playing with it, but the IMAP was disabled, and the problem was still there.

But again, starting the Plex Pro tools Manually it loads very slow.

Okay if anyone is interested,

It seems that at least on my system Alcohol 120% and Plex Tools dont like to play together, after uninstalling it it seems now the system doesnt blue screen, at least for now.

But yet the program is still slow to load, and now I have another problem maybe someone can point me how to fix:

Now when I go to Plex tools and select Write Test, I get an erro that says: Error Sending Cuesheet.

Anyone get that and if so how do you correct it? I’ve uninstalled Plex tools and delete the reg entry and reinstalled it, but to no avail.

It seems that at least on my system Alcohol 120% and Plex Tools dont like to play together, after uninstalling it it seems now the system doesnt blue screen, at least for now.

I was about to ask you about that, but then I just decided to wait till you could come up with something else.
It’s not really Alcohol itself, but most likely its Virtual drive on SCSI that was causing you [COLOR=purple]troubles with PT.
I could just have uninstalled it the same way as it was shown [/COLOR] here .

have Alcohol 120% and Plextools Pro working nicely together on my dual Xeon system running windows xp pro with SP 1

is Plextools able to handle that much drives?
maybe try it when you disconnect some drives and see if it speed up.

Well it turned out even after uninstalling it, the system blue screened, so I gave up and formatted the system and reinstalled, now I will be keeping a close eye on things. After the install the Plex tools works good now as for loading and unloading, But again there is issues even with the 2.02a upgrade.

And yes the PT does work with all those drives, considering that 3 of them are Plex’s it shouldnt have trouble.

But I am going to do a bit more tests and see…

But again there is issues even with the 2.02a upgrade.

But I am going to do a bit more tests and see…

1. Like what, for example ?

2. Okay, just keep the faith ! :wink: