Plex Premium writing errors

vbimport

Does anyone know more about the Samsung 48x discs (manuf. by Plasmon)? I keep getting writing errors at 99:58:00 and I’m not sure if it’s the burner or the cdr … Other discs work fine, but I can remember having a similar problem with my old 8/20 before it committed suicide …

TIA for your replies.

:confused: What kind of discs are these, 99 minute CD-R’s? Which firmware version are you using for your Premium drive?

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
:confused: What kind of discs are these, 99 minute CD-R’s? Which firmware version are you using for your Premium drive?

These are normal 80 minutes discs, the firmware is 1.02. It seems it doesn’t find the point to start writing from.

Tried using different software for burning these discs, e.g. Nero or Plextools Professional?

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
Tried using different software for burning these discs, e.g. Nero or Plextools Professional?

Yep, always the same error on most discs (66 % I would say).

Since you’re already using the latest firmware there isn’t much more you can do. When the drive works fine with other media then there is a problem with the combination of your drive and the used media. Until now my Premium drive has recorded everything I throw at it. For now I can only suggest trying different media, and if possible media that’s on the Plextor Premium’s recommended list.

I’m just testing the different discs available over here in Germany :-).

Well then it seems you have found a brand that the Premium doesn’t like :wink: Perhaps it would be a good idea to mail Plextor (Europe) about this so they can improve the drive’s performance with this media in a future firmware upgrade…

Done. :cool:

You’ll of course let us know if they reply anything interesting, right? :wink:

I will :smiley: .

Here it is: They sent a link to the page for the media they recommend. :bigsmile:

Well that’s not very useful… we already knew that :bigsmile:

Indeed. Perhaps the add a link to their support page: If your drive is defective, please see the technical details of a working one. :cool: