Plex-Firmware

I just posted the article Plex-Firmware.

Geronimo and Oella used our newssubmit to tell us:

New firmware for Plextor 16-10-40A(1.04)

Does anybody knows anything about this new firmware? or anyone tried it already?

Let’s hope it…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/2659-Plex-Firmware.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/2659-Plex-Firmware.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Please KaReL read this newsposting before you make comments like that. The news that Plextor would block certain copy-protections was nothing more than a rumour…

Not more then a rumour… Indeed… Nevertheless i don’t like them. Remember the days when SafeDisc 2 came up? Only a few burners where able to copy it. The first Plex’s were able too, the later ones (after a specified release/firmware date) were no longer. Therefore, i don’t like those rumours. I won’t tell it that it’s true, i just tell them i hope they are not true :). Little difference. Though i understand your point. Untill i c a plex not being able to copy a cactus-shield CD i won’t tell anyone i’m sure about that. As i said: “Let’s hope” :slight_smile:

I’m hoping too :slight_smile:

About the firmware Upgrade… Off of Plextors Site… Date posted: October 17, 2001 Improved read perfomance with CD TEXT audio discs. Improved write perfomance with High Speed CD-RW media.

Plextor still rox!

Anyone knows if this (PX - W1610TA V1.04) firmware update has any changes that affects burning protected CD’s? And can it be flashed with the prior firmwares?

can i copy red alert2 with my PX40ts and my PX 161040A on fly and make a functionally copy who work in all cd roms??? there is one possibility?

And with these firmware??? are problems to copy Red Alert2???

Actually i don’t know but i do have V 1.03 on my PW-16/10/40. I copied the game commandos 2 and there was no prob when i red the cd with my Plex 40 TS. Software: Blindread (newest)… The copy works on every computer here and also in friends pc’s :8