Pleomax DVD-R16X media and NEC ND-2500A problem

vbimport

Hi,

I am using NEC ND-2500A DVD burner and used many types of DVD brands (Teac, Verbatim, and Platinum) without any problem. I use Nero (version 7.5.9.0), Windows 2000 and I am always burning on low-speed.

In the last hour I open a new pack of Pleomax DVD-R16X but I could not burn, the Nero reply Illegal disc.

Anyone has an idea how to solve this problem so I can used these dvds.

Thx.

What fireware are you using? I have a 2510a with liggy and dees 2.19 fast, it works for me. But Do not kknow about these pleomax you are using, I never heard of them. But if you are still a 2500 your firmware is out of date for the new disks out there. Just my thoughts mybe some one else knows more.

Welcome to CD Freaks.

The best you can do is to update your firmware to the latest available. Official firmware is here .

However, the 2500 can be upgraded to the 2510 & DL media capability by using 2510 firmware from here .

You can use either the Original NEC 2510 2.19 or the bit setting version. There’s a link to a tutorial on flashing on the page. Done properly this is a very safe procedure & will give you more media capability.

This media is garbage.
Scan them for quality and you will see it.

You should burn media at its rated speed. Burning 16x media at very low speeds is definitely a bad idea since not many burners will support these slow speeds correctly…

Pleomax media can be anything from MBI to fake Hong Kong MCC media, so you should try with other, better media instead (Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim, Made in Japan Maxell). :slight_smile: