Pleease heelp me! i have 32125W and it doesn't work! pleeasee heeelp! i BEG you!

vbimport

i don'r understand much in burning but i know some stuff on computers and i know that i have problems here. u see, i have this "lite-on 32125W"cd-rw when i got my computer and it doesn't want to work! i checked in the properties and it doesn't even listed as a burner!! it does installd on the computer and it'll read disc but it acted just like a normal cdrom! what can i do? i can't find drivers for it nowhere!! pleeeeaasse heelp me! i beg you, please!!

i have a clean installd windowsXP home edition. i managed to install easy cd creator and patched it for winXP (not that it help much lol) and i'm using NTSF file format:bow: :bow:

I’m not sure if Easy CD-Creator works with this drive.

Try Nero, should be included with the drive…

even listed in windows properties as a burner! u know, left click on the cd icon and properties. u should see a tab for burning options right? well, i DON’T see one! it’s like i don’t have a burner! i used the info tool that tell what firmware i have and it tell me it’s cdrw but stupid winXP don’t knoww thatt! pleease, i, gargar beg for heelp! PLEASE!!

Windows XP sucks anyway.

Grab all updates from windowsupdate.

AND install NERO, I’m pretty sure Nero will work!!

If you have the time and patience, you might also download and install XP SP1 Beta. (I don’t think the links can be posted here).

Other things to try:

1. Disable IMAPI
  2. Uninstall all burning software and clean your registry
  3. Disbale autoplay for the CDRW
  4. Try different ASPI layers.

Or install Win 2000 if you can get hold of it.

you can try a demo of clonecd or the nero 5582 demo.

it must work

You can also try to look in the options of the media player. There is an optionj to put the xp burn function on/off

An other option is to install an aspi layer (aspi4.60)

o done everything. nothing work. nero don’t want to know my cd-rw even tho it apear on the speedtest and stuff like that. BUT, now i can burn in the normal burnning software in windows. so my question is:

1: i burned a 357MB file in 2:34 minutes. is it good? this cd should be a x32 one.

2: how do winXP close the cd? can it be read on any computer? i downloaded each and every single update from windopwsupdate.

please answer those questions. i really need help. please:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

it’s just little questions. please tell me. please:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Don’t know since I NEVER use the XP built in software.

I always use Nero, CloneCD or CD-Mate…

[B]done everything. nothing work. nero don’t want to know my cd-rw even tho it apear on the speedtest and stuff like that. BUT, now i can burn in the normal burnning software in windows. so my question is:

1: i burned a 357MB file in 2:34 minutes. is it good? this cd should be a x32 one.

2: how do winXP close the cd? can it be read on any computer? i downloaded each and every single update from windopwsupdate[/B]

Nero doesn’t work well on all XP systems when the IMAPI is enabled. Particularly if there are any ASPI updates or multiple burn apps installed. Personally, I faced too many problems and decided to upgrade to Win 2000.:slight_smile:

Too, there were some compatibility issues between the burn software and XP. I think Roxio has an update available…

Your other questions:

1. You seem to be burning @16x, as per the time you mention. Were you copying on the fly or burning from HDD?

2. Burnt a few CDs on XP. So far, they’re all readable :stuck_out_tongue:

The windows updates fix some problems but also create other / new problems. So does the SP1 Beta, by the way. If you still want to use XP, you need to live with some problems. Or wait for the XP SE to be released and then upgrade.