Please tell me the problem when you using DVDFab mobile function

New to this forum but I need help figuring out why my audio and video are not synched when I play Davinci Code on my IPOD. The sound is great and the picture is great, they just don’t match! What am I doing wrong? I recently purchased DVDFabPlatinum so it’s a new download. Thanks for any help!
Leanne

[quote=Ting;1916970]hi, all

Because we rewrite most core code in DVDFab mobile part since DVDFab Platinum 3.2.0.0, and now this part can support dual-core CPU better.

There are some new or old problems in DVDFab mobile part may occur in certain cases, if you have any problem when you using mobile function, Please tell us, and we will check it carefully and fixed them.

If the new version encode speed is slow in your system, tell me too, don’t forget tell me something about your system or some compare between old and new version.

If you have a/v sync problem, please tell me the DVD volume of your using.

Any suggestion is welcome too.

Thanks.[/quote]

I have just upgraded from the free 30 day trail with the previous version to the latest paid version of DVD FAB (which was the latest upgrade version) and now can not get my AV to sync. Sound runs ahead by about 1 second when converting to IPod while when backing up the DVD movie to another DVD it runs just fine. I have tried single and double pass. Also, sound is quiet unless I bump it up in the settings. I use 250%.
I have an HP Pavilion Pentium 4 180 GHz, 1G RAM Windows XP Home Version 2002 with SP2. My DVD burner is a Sony DVD RW DRU-820A.
The only other thing that changed between the trial and the paid version upgrade was an upgraded sound card (Diamdon Extreme XS 7.1) replacing the onboard motherboard sound with a better sound card. DVD burner is not hard wired to the sound card but connects through the PCI slot.
Is my sound card configuration the problem? It works when recording a DVD.

hi, Leanne

New to this forum but I need help figuring out why my audio and video are not synched when I play Davinci Code on my IPOD. The sound is great and the picture is great, they just don’t match! What am I doing wrong? I recently purchased DVDFabPlatinum so it’s a new download. Thanks for any help!

I have use DVDFab 4.0.0.5 test “Davinci Code”, it is looks no problem , please use this beta to test it.

grudolphp:

Please tell me your test DVD volume name, Did you use the new beta version ?

Hi Ting
It’s not a big thing, but DVDFab 4.0.0.8 beta still reconized the Hebrew subtitles as “unknown (iw)”. (DVDtoDVD & DVDtoMobile)

I have done this test with a DVD with more than 20 different sub-languages. They all reconized correct, but this one not. Other Programs had no problems to see all subs as what they are.

It’s very corious too, that selected subtitle is still not seen directly from DVD, but seen very sure from a DVD-folder from HD. (DVDtoMobile only)
Maybe, I should buy a new PC :wink:

Keep up your good working, your Software is the best I have ever buyed.

Hi Ting,
Just tried this beta 4.0.0.8 and still get CRASH REPORT when trying to make an AVI file using DVD 2 Mobile feature. It does not matter what movie I try, I get the crash report right after I click the Start Button. I Uninstalled 4.0.0.8 and re-installed DVDFab Platinum 3.1.8.0 and DVD 2 Mobile works in the older version. It,s the problem I’ve had with all versions except 3.1.8.0.
Thanks again,
SWB048

Hi Ting,
Just tried this new version 4.0.1.0 and still get a CRASH REPORT when trying to make an AVI file using DVD 2 Mobile (GENERIC) feature. It does not matter what movie I try, I get the crash report right after I click the Start Button. I Uninstalled 4.0.1.0 and re-installed DVDFab Platinum 3.1.8.0 and DVD 2 Mobile (GENERIC) works in the older version. It’s the same problem I’ve had with all versions except 3.1.8.0.
Thanks again,
SWB048

Ting,
Are there any updates on any of these problems with the DVD 2 Mobile (Generic) yet? or are we just posting to be posting?

Regards,

[quote=SWB048;1930866]Ting,
Are there any updates on any of these problems with the DVD 2 Mobile (Generic) yet? or are we just posting to be posting?

Regards,[/quote]Please be patient. Remember that these are not universal problems (mine and thousands of others are working fine), and the opportunity offered by this thread to work directly with the software author is a priviledge that would not be offered many places and could be withdrawn at any time.

Understood, but just because it works on thousands of machines means nothing, it does not work on mine, just want to know why.
Now if you telling that indeed this is machine specific I agree.
But also need to point out that it may only work on dual core machines which may be part of the problem, as it never worked past 3.1.8.0. My machine has not changed, but the programming of dvdfab has. Thanks again will wait.

regards,

Hi All,

Just thought I would mention, I backed up my copy of “The Beach” using the new version last night 4.0.1.0, played it back this morning on Windows Media Player and the end of the film is missing, the last 15mins to be exact.

I had the res at 720x440 using a profile for the 605 Archos Unit, Bitrate was 1778kbps, 2 pass encoding, made a file just over 2GB. This I was going to transfer onto the Archos unit this morning, when I realised the end was missing.

Is there any way around this?

The other thing I noticed, if I set a fixed Bit Rate under the “Configure” option, then clicked OK, I then went back to configure and noticed it has changed from being “Fixed Bitrate” to “Fixed File Size” admittedly the bitrate and filesize are the same, but I thought I would point it out.

SDM197.

[quote=sdm197;1931225]Hi All,

Just thought I would mention, I backed up my copy of “The Beach” using the new version last night 4.0.1.0, played it back this morning on Windows Media Player and the end of the film is missing, the last 15mins to be exact.

I had the res at 720x440 using a profile for the 605 Archos Unit, Bitrate was 1778kbps, 2 pass encoding, made a file just over 2GB. This I was going to transfer onto the Archos unit this morning, when I realised the end was missing.

Is there any way around this?

The other thing I noticed, if I set a fixed Bit Rate under the “Configure” option, then clicked OK, I then went back to configure and noticed it has changed from being “Fixed Bitrate” to “Fixed File Size” admittedly the bitrate and filesize are the same, but I thought I would point it out.

SDM197.[/quote]
Try one pass conversion. I have a 504 and can’t see any difference with 2-pass if a high video bitrate setting is used for one-pass. This is also why the control setting is changing–2-pass is always fixed file size (which is not needed by the Archos).

"But also need to point out that it may only work on dual core machines which may be part of the problem."
No dual core here works fine

All conversions I have tried with 4.0.1.2 crash after about 3 -4 minutes. Archos profile, both xvid and H.264, any movie. It writes a short output file before crashing, always the same size, 11.2MB for xvid. The H264 file will not play with VLC, the xvid will play, but looks like this:

Hi Ting,
Just tried the new version 4.0.1.2 and still get a CRASH REPORT when trying to make an AVI file using DVD 2 Mobile (GENERIC) feature. It does not matter what movie I try, I get the crash report right after I click the Start Button. I Uninstalled 4.0.1.2 and re-installed DVDFab Platinum 3.1.8.0 and DVD 2 Mobile (GENERIC) works in the older version. It’s the same problem I’ve had with all versions except 3.1.8.0. I’m about ready to throw in the towel, and just use 3.1.8.0
Thanks again,
SWB048

I agree with signals. Somethíng is wrong with mp4.h264 codec. My PC schows only a framerate of 0,02 fps, time counts and others on screen normally, but nothing happens with source drive. XVID works normal.

EDIT: Download again DVDFab 4.0.1.2, it seems to work now. [B]I hope the same with signals.[/B]

Scares me enough to delete and re-download it again :iagree:

Greetings all!:slight_smile:
Re-downloaded per Fengtao’s instructions in the 4.0.1.2 Release Announcement thread, seems to be perfect now–almost finished encoding Ocean’s 13 to H.264 at 52 fps, fastest ever for me in this mode. Will edit the final results in when it finishes.

/EDIT/ Perfect now:

[quote=signals;1932623]Greetings all!:slight_smile:
Re-downloaded per Fengtao’s instructions in the 4.0.1.2 Release Announcement thread, seems to be perfect now–almost finished encoding Ocean’s 13 to H.264 at 52 fps, fastest ever for me in this mode. Will edit the final results in when it finishes.

/EDIT/ Perfect now:[/quote]

I wanted to know what you usually use for your Mobile recording? I have an Ipod and had been using Mpeg4, not H.264. Is H.264 the best to use on an Ipod? I have a new Ipod Classic. What other settings would you recommend? I seem to be having a AV sync issue with a concert DVD that maybe has to do with my settings.

Thanks.

Bob in Mission Viejo, CA

Hi, Bob! Well, I don’t have an iPod --I have an Archos 504–so I can only give you some general advice. The only conversion on which I ever had sync problems was also a concert video. It had an unusual audio track, either DTS or maybe AC-3/5 instead of 5.1, I can’t remember, but think I selected the AC-3/2 audio and it worked fine. This was some time ago and Ting has put in fixes for most of this by now. I use MP3 as the output audio format for all my conversions, all the iPod profiles use AAC. I’m not sure if iPods will support MP3 audio in a MP4 video file or play AVI format files (don’t think so) but maybe a user that has one like yours will see this and pass along some tips. If you don’t already have it, I would suggest that you download and install VLC Media Playerso that you can test different file types on your PC. VLC is free and will play almost anything. Glad to have you in the forum.:slight_smile:

/EDIT/ H.264 is an advanced video codec. It produces better images for a given file size, but used to take much longer to encode. Ting has fixed this so that it runs as fast as the xvid MPEG-4 encoder now. I use both. Here is a postfrom my good friend and iPod owner maineman that shows his “sweet spot” settings for his iPod. Not sure which model it is.[quote=rwb1921;1932771]I wanted to know what you usually use for your Mobile recording? I have an Ipod and had been using Mpeg4, not H.264. Is H.264 the best to use on an Ipod? I have a new Ipod Classic. What other settings would you recommend? I seem to be having a AV sync issue with a concert DVD that maybe has to do with my settings.

Thanks.

Bob in Mission Viejo, CA[/quote]

/EDIT/ H.264 is an advanced video codec. It produces better images for a given file size, but used to take much longer to encode. Ting has fixed this so that it runs as fast as the xvid MPEG-4 encoder now. I use both. Here is a postfrom my good friend and iPod owner maineman that shows his “sweet spot” settings for his iPod. Not sure which model it is.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice and help. I will check my settings again to see how they match against your friends. Maybe this concert cannot be copied well. I tried 5.1 and PCM, not DTS yet. Not sure what bitrate I used. I tried both H.264 and the mp4 format, both the same. outcome. Other music videos seem fine when I copied to my Ipod and Itunes. Strange how one DVD can be a troublemaker.

Maybe like you said, if anyone else has an Ipod Classic or 5G version, please post how you have the most success.

Signals, Thanks again for your help, I have read a lot of your posts already and gained quite a bit of information.

Bob in Mission Viejo, CA