Please tell me the problem when you using DVDFab mobile function

hi, all

Because we rewrite most core code in DVDFab mobile part since DVDFab Platinum 3.2.0.0, and now this part can support dual-core CPU better.

There are some new or old problems in DVDFab mobile part may occur in certain cases, if you have any problem when you using mobile function, Please tell us, and we will check it carefully and fixed them.

If the new version encode speed is slow in your system, tell me too, don’t forget tell me something about your system or some compare between old and new version.

If you have a/v sync problem, please tell me the DVD volume of your using.

Any suggestion is welcome too.

Thanks.

Ting, thanks so much for staying on top of this…:flower:
Personally, I have never had a problem since 03/07 when I first picked up an Ipod and started converting.
I’ll be sure to let you know when/if I do.
Again, thanks for your outstanding software and support.

Like my good friend maineman, I don’t have any problems with the conversions for my Archos, but this is a great opportunity for DVDFab’s users to communicate directly with the person responsible for this part of the software. Thanks Ting:bow:.

I would like to echo Maineman and Signals lack of unresolved problems with the DVDFAB mobile functions. By far the best “God it does everything well” software I have used in the last 5 years. To all having problems with these functions now is the time not to be shy and speak up and give Ting the information he needs to meet your needs. Once again great work great software.

I use DVD to PVP for EPSON at 640x480 with bitrate(kbps) = 900 (fixed bitrate) and High quality encoding (2-pass) and the interface show size(MB) ~ 700, but after the conversion the size is almost 1.6GB. In the previous release (3.2.1.0) the file size was 0KB using the same settings.

Let me know if you need further information. The machine that I’m using is a notebook HP Pavilion dv4040us, the hardware details are:

CPU Type Mobile Intel Pentium M 740J, 1733 MHz (13 x 133)
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Motherboard Name Hewlett-Packard Pavilion dv4000 (PX303UA#ABA)
Motherboard Chipset Intel Alviso-G i915GM
System Memory 1014 MB (PC2700 DDR SDRAM)

Video Adapter Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family (128 MB)
3D Accelerator Intel GMA 900

Audio Adapter Intel 82801FBM ICH6-M - AC’97 Audio Controller [B-2]

IDE Controller Intel® 82801FB/FBM Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 266F
IDE Controller Texas Instruments PCIxx21 Integrated FlashMedia Controller
Disk Drive FUJITSU MHU2100AT (100 GB, 4200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)
Optical Drive _NEC DVD±RW ND-6500A (DVD+R9:2.4x, DVD+RW:8x/4x, DVD-RW:8x/4x, DVD-ROM:8x, CD:24x/16x/24x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

I have a question, can the team enhance the application in order to include a new option to convert the screen size? for example from wide screen to Pan and Scan (4:3) that will be VERY HELPFUL. I don’t know if there a way to remove the horizontal black bars by converting to Pan & Scan

Thanks all for such a wonderful software

yes i have a problem with transfering my dvd to mobile psp to my psp cant see anything no file is detected

Good morning, Ting! My two girls use DVDFab for loading films onto their mobile devices. So far, they’ve had no probs, and are happy as Larry ( whoever he is! ) with all the hard work you expend in keeping the software right up there on top of things.

Many thanks, and I’ll see you later, then. Jim :iagree::smiley:

[quote=but_your_face;1917042]yes i have a problem with transfering my dvd to mobile psp to my psp cant see anything no file is detected[/quote]Are you following the manufacturer directions for file transfers (file locations, etc.)? Do you get any error messages?

[QUOTE=canino98;1917008]I use DVD to PVP for EPSON at 640x480 with bitrate(kbps) = 900 (fixed bitrate) and High quality encoding (2-pass) and the interface show size(MB) ~ 700, but after the conversion the size is almost 1.6GB. In the previous release (3.2.1.0) the file size was 0KB using the same settings.

Let me know if you need further information. The machine that I’m using is a notebook HP Pavilion dv4040us, the hardware details are:

CPU Type Mobile Intel Pentium M 740J, 1733 MHz (13 x 133)
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Motherboard Name Hewlett-Packard Pavilion dv4000 (PX303UA#ABA)
Motherboard Chipset Intel Alviso-G i915GM
System Memory 1014 MB (PC2700 DDR SDRAM)

Video Adapter Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family (128 MB)
3D Accelerator Intel GMA 900

Audio Adapter Intel 82801FBM ICH6-M - AC’97 Audio Controller [B-2]

IDE Controller Intel® 82801FB/FBM Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 266F
IDE Controller Texas Instruments PCIxx21 Integrated FlashMedia Controller
Disk Drive FUJITSU MHU2100AT (100 GB, 4200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)
Optical Drive _NEC DVD±RW ND-6500A (DVD+R9:2.4x, DVD+RW:8x/4x, DVD-RW:8x/4x, DVD-ROM:8x, CD:24x/16x/24x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK[/QUOTE]

hi, canino98

I have do a test for this, the bug is exist, I will try to fix it.

Thanks very much.

I’ve had no problem with Mobile until version 3.2.1.0. :slight_smile: I updated from 3.1.8.0 to 3.2.1.0 and every time I try to create an AVI file with Mobile DVDFab pops up the error message that it failed with the option to send the information. :frowning:

I now have tried version 4.0Beta but it crashes also. I’ve gone back to DVDFab Platinum version 3.1.8.0 which never crashes. Hopefully this will be fixed by the time 4.0 comes out of Beta.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Version 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4 Build 2195
Total Physical Memory 654,832 KB
Available Physical Memory 302,960 KB
Total Virtual Memory 3,257,720 KB
Available Virtual Memory 2,513,532 KB
Page File Space 2,602,888 KB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Using PVP mode:

4.0.0.0 beta is slow encoding (34 fps) on my new build (see sig for specs).

I put same disc in using 3.1.8.0 and was twice as fast (60+ fps) as 4.0.0.0.

On my system with DVDFab 4.0.0.0beta, conversion now takes about 15 - 20 minutes longer as with DVDFab 3.1.8.0. (Same bitrate and the same template). It seems as if the image sharpness is now not so much (but I may be wrong).

The bitrate in completed avi is the bit lower than in the earlier versions.

Subtitle directly from DVD work no longer with my computer. However, the subtitle function properly works from a DVD folder on harddrive.

I used the DVDtoMobile/Generic “xvid/audicopy or mp3” avi profile. No audiosync problems if converting from HD reconized.

[B]EDIT:[/B] An 11 second trailer, conversation works fine. An 11 second black “still picture” (made with DVDShrink) let DVDFab crash with EMail-window, but without error report.

Ting

Here is one that was in the 4.0.0.0 release thread:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/1917136-post80.html

A/V sync issues.

I’ve been using 3.2.1.0 the last few days and have started having A/V sync issues.

I use DVD to iPod (mostly default settings), and the audio/video is out of sync (1 to 2 seconds) from the beginning of the movie. This has happened on several DVD’s including Meet The Robinsons. Never had the problem before with the previous versions (that I know of).
Thanks…

I have a
Pentium D 2.66 MHZ CPU
2.00 GB Ram
Windows XP PRO SP2

UPDATE: Seems to be fixed with 4.0 beta (at least with Meet the Robisons) - haven’t tried it with anything else yet. Thanks for the updates :clap:

hi. canino98

I use DVD to PVP for EPSON at 640x480 with bitrate(kbps) = 900 (fixed bitrate) and High quality encoding (2-pass) and the interface show size(MB) ~ 700, but after the conversion the size is almost 1.6GB. In the previous release (3.2.1.0) the file size was 0KB using the same settings.

I think the profile maybe have some problem, the bitrate is too low for the 640x480 resolution, so you need adjust this value, or try to specify the output size and select 2pass encoding

Thanks.

The MPEG-4 conversions work better for me (regardless of other settings) if I have a value of 0.2 or more in the bits/pixel column. I do most of mine one-pass at about 0.6. 0.2 would be a bitrate of around 1500 kb/s for 640x480 (but it will look better with a higher number).:slight_smile:

I have no problem to convert the DVD to archos. However, when try to use windows media player version 10+ to sync with the archos, it does not work because missing the media usage rights. Just wondering if that can be fixed.

Thanks

Ting

A/V sync: http://club.cdfreaks.com/1919788-post116.html

I am having two problems. I change the default resolution settings under pvp, but the program won’t hold the change. i have to resset every time. Not a major problem just a pain. The larger problem is with a/v sync. The vid lags about a second behind. This happens on about 1/4 of my dvds.
Thank you

version 3.2.1.0
amd 64x2 4800+
2gig ram
vista (32bit)