Please tell me IS there a crash recovery for a LITEON dvdrom 163D this is my worst >>

Nightmare :frowning:

ok i had the firmware GHD3 or something like that !!

and i flashed it from in windows XP like i do every other time !!

with the firmware .exe GHR6

it was updateing and half way through it locked up then 3 seconds later my winxp locked up

then i got the 1st ever blue screen of death something along the lines Stack over flow error 000Xxzxx blabla !!!

i had never had a blue screen for nearly 1 year on my xp system !!

now the drive seems dead !! i had to disable it in the bios to load winxp back up

when i power on my system i get no light blinking nor can i eject :frowning:

please tell me there is a crash recovery with mtkflash for the dvdrom i have !!! im freaking out :bow: :bow: :bow:

Come on please enyone ?

i read a few posts about people haveing the same problem i had !!

that dam firmware .exe in dindows flash util that liteon suppled

for the 163D haas massive problems few people have had the same problem that i had and fixed theres :smiley:

that gives me a little hope

can someone send me the Ghr6f.bin

please the bin that has the RPC1 region free on it ghr6.bin seems to be the best !

eny way send it here tnx mailto:v2k@v2kv2k.freeserve.co.uk

can you guys that fixed yours please reply at to what you did thx im in mid state here panacing and freaking lol

Wooohoooo i recoved it with the recovery option :slight_smile:

LiteON DVDRom163 D
Mainboard: Gigabyte AMD 751
reason: Useless Official Firmware Crashed in windows Xp Pro
Recovered without a hitch with mtkflash…

Extra info: flashed with mtkflash version 1.48
placed the following files on C:\

mtkflash
ghr6f.bin (Regionfree to :stuck_out_tongue: )

booted into dos with floppy (Without CDROM drivers Loaded)

Typed the following c:/ (enter) / dir (enter) mtkflash 2 w /b ghr6f.bin (enter)

it started doing it thing lol erazing the 2 banks then it updated sead reboot i rebooted and presto thing was backup and running as normal !!!

=================================

Info on problems befour fixing :

Bios didnt reconize it .
error booting winxp
no power getting to the drive
no blinking led displayed !!
it seemed realy dead lol

P./s im so glad i recoved it i couldnt aford at the mo to get a new one hehe :bow: :bow: :bigsmile:

Congratulations!

I would have offer to help but you were too fast :wink:

Where did you get the stuff after all?

What do you mean mate ?

You was asking for GHR6f.bin.
I was going to offer you to get it from my site and I was wondering where you got it from.

I thought ne-1 who knows my site would stay away from the Windows ghr6.exe as I’m warning about it since the day it came out, September 6.

Originally posted by Mango
[B]You was asking for GHR6f.bin.
I was going to offer you to get it from my site and I was wondering where you got it from.

I thought ne-1 who knows my site would stay away from the Windows ghr6.exe as I’m warning about it since the day it came out, September 6. [/B]

==================================

well mate if i new about the warning about the ghr6.exe wouldnt have used it DOH

i got the ghr6f.bin from here

http://mand.tmfweb.nl/binaries.htm

also got mtkflash from the same place :slight_smile:

======================================

Edit :

lol i just noticed your sig mate i got the files from your site :))))))

cheers :slight_smile: worked like a charm …:bow:

Yeah, LOL indeed …

mand.tmfweb.nl is my main mirror :bigsmile:
Some ppl are posting links to certain pages and it might make the visitor miss some relevant important info…

Never mind now, great you saved your drive,
enjoy it!

I don’t know if you still surf the forums, I am desperate. I have an LTD-163D Lite-On DVD Rom. I did something real stupid and flashed my DVD with the firmware for my Lite-On CDRW on accident. Now my drive does exactly as yours did. Can’t boot, No lights, can’t open cd tray, etc. I downloaded the mtkflash 1.48, the ghr6f.bin firmware, and used a bootdisk with DR. Dos 7.0 and also tried with MS Dos 6.00. I tried it on every IDE channel and no luck. The only way I can get it to flash is if I hook up my Lite-On CDRW by itself and boot to the floppy then swap the IDE and Power cable to the DVD. When it flashes it says complete or whatever and reboot. But it still hangs waiting to boot. When I have only the DVD hooked up and wait like 2 minutes it finally boots to the floppy but won’t flash, it just sits there showing the program name and version, but no erase and write.

Did yours start flashing immediately or did you have to wait a bit?

Did you have to do anything before or after reboot to get it to work?

Any help would be appreciated, I am thinking my drive might be dead, but you getting yours to work gave me hope.

Thanks,
Terry