Please recomend DVD burner with specs:

Hi,

I did some searching and could only find one burner with the following specs:

1. will rip DVD-Video fast (not locked at 2.1x)
  2. will burn DVD+R DL at 10x
  3. can do bitsetting
  4. available in black

the one I found was Plextor 760A (it can do >2.1x with a trick)

Is there any other burner that meets the above requirements?

Thanks!

Why is it important to burn DVD+R DL at 10x?
IMO, the difference to 8x is negligible and the writing quality might not always be good.

The LiteOn (18/20)A1P can be made RPC1 without hacked firmware, does bitsetting, reads without riplock… :slight_smile:

Pioneer 112D - it’s the best DL burner I’ve seen at 10x. It can read with out riplock, is available in black, and also bitset if crossflashed to 112L. I think it meets all the requirements.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1662930&postcount=88

PS I forgot to mention that I plan to put it inside an external enclosure so I can use it with all my computers (laptops etc.) ( if this is relevent…)

What would be the difference in practical terms (difference in actual burn time)?

Thanks!

Not sure what your location is but the Pio 112D as mentioned would be a good choice but it’s only been out for a few days in the states and i haven’t seen anyone post any scans of 10X burns on DL media in an external enclosure yet.

Are you in a hurry to buy?

I recommend the pioneer dvr-112d black too. I bought one to replace my 110d. I’ve not updated the firmware yet but plan to do so shortly.

Oxford 911+ firewire based ext. enclosures should have no big issues with the 112D. I can’t see any reason it wouldn’t work just fine with 10x DL burns - you should be able to get to 18x without speed issues.

Let us know how it went (and where you got the files from? :bow: )