Please read before discussing political issues

Currently we have an increasing amount of political minded thread on our forum. We don’t mind as we believe in freedom of speech, but there are some additional rules when discussing these subjects.

[ul]
[li]Moderators and Administrators should remain neutral, if they don’t, PM me
[/li][li]No bad language
[/li][li]Check your facts before you post
[/li][li]No personal flaming
[/li][li]If you are getting too much involved, leave the thread alone, or we will force you
[/li][/ul]

Mind that we have many people from many nationalities on this board and that things that don’t look offensive to you, might be offensive to others. Also note that your views might look the right ones from your point of view, but might change in a different situation. Please keep an eye on this, it should be possible to discuss these kind of subject, but if not we will have to limit the freedom of speech and we will no longer allow political related issues. (something I would deeply regret)

Like all things.

If you’re getting heated about anything, take a stroll and calm down first. Flaming here will only lower everyone’s opinion of you.

(That doesn’t count out good natured humour, so long as it’s obvious it’s not a personal affront)

Awwww…but I like flaming. Well, I better be “authorized” to flame on a particular post before I do it then. (Like that will ever happen).

Anyways, if you want political debate with a bunch of real winners, just go to the yahoo message boards and try posting in there with that bunch of idiots…Then come here, and you’ll see people have brains (maybe, except for me and the guy with the testicle avatar).

I will leave all political messages to be unanswered. I answered one recently, and don’t even want to go into it (the whole anti-american thing). This place is better than that. Do we really need to bring this crummy world we live in to here?

BadASCII,
I like your avatar. :wink: A long time ago my high school class took a field trip to the AMC plant there in Kenosha. Great place:)

And I thought BadASCII was french… Tricolore and all that :slight_smile:

Originally posted by BadASCII
[B]Awwww…but I like flaming. Well, I better be “authorized” to flame on a particular post before I do it then. (Like that will ever happen).

Anyways, if you want political debate with a bunch of real winners, just go to the yahoo message boards and try posting in there with that bunch of idiots…Then come here, and you’ll see people have brains (maybe, except for me and the guy with the testicle avatar).

I will leave all political messages to be unanswered. I answered one recently, and don’t even want to go into it (the whole anti-american thing). This place is better than that. Do we really need to bring this crummy world we live in to here? [/B]

Sometimes we like to have an intelligent viewpoint on things that are happening in the world, which is why we discuss it to here.
:bigsmile:

Originally posted by debro
[B]

Sometimes we like to have an intelligent viewpoint on things that are happening in the world, which is why we discuss it to here.
:bigsmile: [/B]

Being a member of this forum is not a guarantee of high intelligence. This forum is just as vulnerable to feelings of national pride and other aspects of a debate as any other forum.

Agreed, But people have managed to find this forum, I think we can guarantee an IQ above 20, hehe.

Yahoo and MSN on the other hand…

OK, not that I mean to be a political flamer, but I’m curious:

Originally posted by Domin8tor:
If you are getting too much involved, leave the thread alone, or we will force you.

Maybe its the BB code that I have experienced a little of (actually only one) but the only way a moderator or admin can interdict a flamebait/degenerated topic is to close it, delete it, close the accounts of the posters or ban the posters IP.

Is there a way to only make one user unable to post on that thread as admin/mod (as Domin8tor seems to speak of)? Presumably it seems to be a matter of how the BB is coded up, and not whether it is possible.

How about jokes ?

All jokes are welcome, regardless of race, sex, creed, colour, age, etc.

A jokes a joke.

The only people that can’t handle it are jokes themselves.

I don’t know many old people that don’t laugh at an ageist joke, or indians that don’t laugh at indian jokes.

If it’s funny, it’s funny. If they don’t laugh, they didn’t get it :stuck_out_tongue:
He who laughs last, thinks slowest :stuck_out_tongue:

On the other hand, some jokes are just stupid, and don’t deserve to be called funny. If you don’t LOL, don’t post it.

I have an qi of 145 and still dont know how to spell. But I have hacked into enough servers to call myself a hacker. Why do muslims and americans hate each other? Because they both like a great tan.

Originally posted by hadesthunder
Why do muslims and americans hate each other? Because they both like a great tan.

Forgive someone with an IQ 8 points lower than your Immune Systems test score.
I don’t get the joke.
Please explain.

Originally posted by hadesthunder
I have an qi of 145 and still dont know how to spell. But I have hacked into enough servers to call myself a hacker. Why do muslims and americans hate each other? Because they both like a great tan.

Um, yeah. “qi”? Seriously, it’s not that hard to spell a 2 letter abbreviation. And what does claiming to be a “hacker” (note the quotes) have to do with anything about discussing political issues?

And the joke isn’t funny.

im dsyslecsic so forgiv my spleing :slight_smile: but i still no how to spell “qi”, its “iq” YAY, my iq is 52 i just took a internet iq test, now i class as mentaly retarded in the us YAY :wink: ;), oh and boasting about being a hacker dont make peeps like u, we keep stuff like that to ourselfes here. we dont want cdfreaks 2 get shut down :frowning:

almost gags on laugh-spittle

I’m just gonna smile and nod, if that’s okay with everyone.

almost gags @ nEXusJ’s laugh spittle all over the room
and better clean that up NJ :wink:

wot? im confused by nexus post, is he larfing at my LOW iq

nooo, at your lysdexia :stuck_out_tongue:

ok kool, i may be dislexic but i am not stuped :bigsmile: and i can spell abreviations like “iq”, btw i doubt my real iq is 52 as it is closer to 80 according to my teacher, im learnding about farmyard animals and what noises they make. pig goes “oink”, cat goes “grrrrr”, farmer gose “gerofmyland” etc etc