Please post your AnyDVD Questions here

vbimport

#1

Previous Posts


#2

After installing AnyDVD, Nero doesn’t burn any DVD correctly. If Nero tries to write the “Lead Out” an error occurs and the disc in the burner is another fine coaster…

The problem still appears after deinstalling AnyDVD. I’ve reinstalled Nero, used the Nero RegistryChecker - nothing helps.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Greets, CouJo!


#3

AnyDVD and RCE protection. It appears at least in my System that AnyDVD does not remove RCE protection.
My dvd drive is a Compaq DVD-117.

Regardles of what encoding tool I use i get the “This Player is incompatible with the region marking on this disc”

The only way I get around this is to either use DVD Decrypter on the IFO’s to remove RCE protection or IFO Region Free tool.

I have tried every Option in Anydvd and nothing works.

This happens when I do full DISC if I do only the main movie it works fine.

This is the exact same problem I have with AnyDVD and full movies… see link


#4

Originally posted by CouJo
[B]After installing AnyDVD, Nero doesn’t burn any DVD correctly. If Nero tries to write the “Lead Out” an error occurs and the disc in the burner is another fine coaster…

The problem still appears after deinstalling AnyDVD. I’ve reinstalled Nero, used the Nero RegistryChecker - nothing helps.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Greets, CouJo! [/B]

Compatibility problems should be fixed in Version 1.4.4.1


#5

Originally posted by nyplayer
[B]AnyDVD and RCE protection. It appears at least in my System that AnyDVD does not remove RCE protection.
My dvd drive is a Compaq DVD-117.

Regardles of what encoding tool I use i get the “This Player is incompatible with the region marking on this disc”

The only way I get around this is to either use DVD Decrypter on the IFO’s to remove RCE protection or IFO Region Free tool.

I have tried every Option in Anydvd and nothing works.

This happens when I do full DISC if I do only the main movie it works fine.

This is the exact same problem I have with AnyDVD and full movies… see link

http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/ [/B]

Must be a bug in AnDVD. I hope it will be fixed sooner or later.


#6

It seems to happen more with episodics. for example "Star Trek The Next Generation (NTSC). I have to correct the ifo’s with region free tool prior to burning…using AnyDVD and CloneDVD.


#7

Any ideas what’s wrong??
Testing it as we speak and out of the 3 discs I’ve tried 1 doesn’t work…
I’m using a
Pioneer DVR 105
and the films were:
Hellraiser: Hellseeker (Region 1) Played fine
American Pie 2 (Region 2) Played Fine
Diablo 2: Collectors Edition DVD (Region 1) Wouldn’t play at all kept asking me to change the region in both PowerDVD and WinDVD.


#8

After testing over 15 video-DVD’s which were well handled by AnyDVD, I came across a move it makes AnyDVD completely choke out. :frowning: :frowning:

When I insert this movie and AnyDVD is enabled, I’m unable to see the movie using PowerDVD : sometimes I get an error upon trying to play the movie or otherwise I see a very blurred movie with fussed up colors (lots of green). :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
WinDVD 4.5 gives a black screen upon playback.
Also DVD2One 1.2.3 complains about " … encrypted…" and can’t access the files on the DVD. :frowning:

If I DISABLE AnyDVD, all is OK : both PowerDVD & WinDVD play the movie without problems.

The movie which cause AnyDVD to mess up is “The Pelican Brief” , a bought DVD, double sided, single layer.

It seems that AnyDVD is unable to circumvent any present protection on this one.

I tried the same on my Toshiba 1612 , but got the same problems.
Also my Samsung SD-616Q and LiteON 165H gave the same results.

Testing it on 3 other systems gave also exact the same results.

DVDDecryptor & SmartRipper 2.41 had no problem ripping the DVD.

Could this be a bug in AnyDVD ?
The only thing that is a bit special about this DVD is that it’s a double sided one … maybe the part on the disk that says to flip the disk is confusing AnyDVD somehow…

I hope Olli can find some time to look into this !!

Here’s some info about the DVD (from PowerDVD) :

Player Information :
Player Region Code : 2
Current Focus Drive : N:
Title Region Code : 2

Display Information :
Video Mode : Bob
Display Mode : DirectDraw
FourCC Code : YUY2
Surface Type : Overlay

Video Attribute :
Video compression mode : MPEG-2
TV system : 625/50 (PAL)
Aspect Ratio : 16:9
Display Mode : Only Letterbox
Source picture resolution : 720x576 (625/50)
Frame Rate : 25.00
Source picture letterboxed : Not letterboxed
Bitrate : 7.50Mbps

Audio Attribute :
Audio Coding mode : Dolby Digital
Sampling Rate : 48kHz
Audio application mode : Not specified
Number of Audio channels : 6
Bitrate : 384 Kbps
Number of Audio streams : 4

Subpicture Attribute :
Number of Subtitles : 8

Hardware Information :
Processor: AMD Athlon™ XP 2100+ running at 1722 MHz
3DNow! Technology : In Use
Enhanced 3DNow! Technology : In Use
3DNow! Professional Technology : In Use
IA MMX Technology : In Use
IA Streaming SIMD Extensions : In Use
IA SSE 2 : Not Detected
Video Accelerator : ATI Hardware Video Acceleration (not in use)
Multispeakers Audio Device : Creative SBLive! (not in use)
SPDIF Output Device : Creative SBLive! (not in use)


#9

I must be missing something here:

On installing AnyDVD automaticaly sets Dutch as my default language. How can I change this back to English? There doesn’t seem to be a way to set the language manually (or I missed it somehow).


#10

It sets the language according to your international settings, I don’t think you can have it both ways


#11

Originally posted by FutureProof
It sets the language according to your international settings, I don’t think you can have it both ways

I figured something like that. Most installers act that way nowadays. I hate it. :a
But most of the time you can still change the language in the program itself. Just because someone resides in a certain country, that doesn’t mean he/she uses that language on his computer. I know I don’t. No matter where I am, I like to keep everything in English. In this case I had to resort to deleting the Dutch languagefile to make the program switch to English. Bit of a drastic solution in my book.


#12

>But most of the time you can still change the language in the
>program itself

not this time, I’m afraid


#13

why do we have to pay for this when there are better free ones, that are supported, stay tuned.


#14

Sorry but i haven’t seen any free ones that can do what anydvd can. Which ones do you know about that can remove region codes and remove macrovision protection on the fly and works with most all transcoding software the way anydvd does?


#15

Tried using AnyDVD (latest) with CloneDVD (Latest) on one title - Walking With Dinosaurs.
“cant copy css protected”
100% failure rate as far as I am concerned - sent to garbage can where it belongs with all other none working apps.


#16

Running CloneDVD 1.2.8.4 and AnyDVD 1.6.1.5

Tested and Working on both Disc 1 and Disc 2 Walking With Dinosaurs, so undelete those apps and junk your hardware :stuck_out_tongue:

either that or read the install instructions properly and actually reboot after installation.


#17

Originally posted by MTR
[B]I must be missing something here:

On installing AnyDVD automaticaly sets Dutch as my default language. How can I change this back to English? There doesn’t seem to be a way to set the language manually (or I missed it somehow). [/B]

You can, but it is not documented anywhere:

Start regedit and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Settings

Create a registry value of type string called Locale.

Set Value Data to the language you want (en for English, de for German)

This overrides the automatic selection.


#18

Cheers Olli, that would be a good addition to the Help files.

any more undocumented tricks? :slight_smile:


#19

Hi,
what does the secured mode do when ticked or not ticked with AnyDVD and Win XP?

cu
Ricki

Come on guys. no replies?? :wink:


#20

I have copied many dvd’s with anydvd and clonedvd with the same region. I need a copy of a German dvd that will play on my US player. I can only get the copys that I have made to play on my computer. When I try them in my Sony dvd player, they won’t play at all. Any ideas on what I need to change?

Thanks