Please Please, can you help me?

vbimport

Please can someone help me before I put my head through my desk.

I have set up Nero burner on my computer, in fact I have tried almost every different Nero programme there is and I still hit the same problem every time.

I have copied a movie to my computer and now I want to transfer it to DVD Disk (I have a rewriter) When I look at the folder I have saved my movie in, I have a few movie files. Some are VIDEO_TS.BUP and VIDEO_TS.IFO AND OTHERS ARE
VTS_01_0.VOB
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_2.VOB
Ect

Now when I go to copy the movie, Nero lets me load the files ok. Once the movie has been loaded I then press burn and as soon as I do I get a pop-up saying:

DVD-Video files compliance test failed. The resulting DVD might be unplayable. Do you want to continue? YES or NO

My computer is an XP and the movie files are Nero ShowTime format. I have tried changing the format of the files but I still get the same pop-up (am I doing something wrong here?)

What really maddens me is I use to back up loads of DVDs about this time last year but over the last year ive been busy with work and I have totally forgotten how to do it.

If you can help id be most grateful. And if you can, please explain things to me as if I was a child.

Many Regards

Vinny