Please, Only one cheap media type can work good with NEC 2500!

Hi all,

Please only ONE cheap media type can work good with NEC 2500.
And can burn at 6x or 8x.
I need DVD+R!!
Because Memorex, Ritek and a lot media can’t burn good with this burner!!

I need your help.

Thank you

Originally posted by Doctor Aziz
…Because Memorex, Ritek and a lot media can’t burn good with this burner!!

What are you talking about?
I burn Memorex branded RICOHJPNR01 beautifully with my 2500A.

rdgrimes has reported that all types of different manufactured Memorex media work great in his 2500A.

Mine does Memorex -R and +R both CMC manufactured spot on as well.

a lot media can’t burn good with this burner!!

It would be interesting to know what this means, but if it truly has problems with Ricoh, then it’s either bad media or a bad drive.
There is no “cheap” media that will burn at 6/8x, why would you think there is?

Hi all,

wesociety, Where i can find Memorex RICOHJPNR01 with good price?
I find it in Amazon.com but i don’t no is it a RICOHJPNR01 or CMC !!

I Have Piles, Really? Is it burn good??
What about the speed??

rdgrimes, Okey give me any good media have a good price!!
Like a Ritek, It burn at 6x with NEC 2500, Put a lot people have problem with it, Is there another media can burn good at good speed with a good price?
Like Memorex RICOHJPNR01 ??
But where i can find Memorex RICOHJPNR01 ???

Finally, what is the good deal?
NEC 2500 or LiteOn 812S ?

Thank you very much

My NEC ND-2500a burns Ritek G04 with no problems whatsoever. Get the 50pk from newegg.com for under $50.

Hi j00k,
Really??
Are you sure?
Okey, What about the speed??
Can you burn it at 8x or 6x ?
Because the Ritek media have a good price in NewEgg.com

Thank You

Unfortunately the Riteks I purchased from Newegg only burn at 4X. I don’t know of any other cheap dvd-r medias that will do 6x or 8x burning. Any suggestions?

Because Memorex, Ritek and a lot media can’t burn good with this burner!!

Up to about two dozen Ritek Ridata G04 L19 discs burned on my month-old NEC 2500A. Have yet to burn a coaster. Every disc has read great in both DVD-ROM drives and standalone players.

…wesociety, Where i can find Memorex RICOHJPNR01 with good price?
I find it in Amazon.com but i don’t no is it a RICOHJPNR01 or CMC !!

Finally, what is the good deal?
NEC 2500 or LiteOn 812S ? …

There is no way to know what type of Memorex DVD+R you are going to receive when you order online. It’s just the luck of the draw, Just order it! CMC or RICOH will both burn great on your 2500. Only difference will be that RICOH will burn at 6x, CMC will burn at 4x.

From initial Kprobe scans of 812S burns, I still recommend the NEC2500A first.

Originally posted by j00k
My NEC ND-2500a burns Ritek G04 with no problems whatsoever. Get the 50pk from newegg.com for under $50.

Here’s the deal: You don’t get to have “cheap” DVD-R that burns at 8x. Not now, not ever. It’s TY or MCC, or nothing. At least untill CMC and Ritek release an 8x that is also supported but NEC at 8x.

Find some Arita +R media…usually cheap, burns at 6x for me, its Ricohjpn.r01
Few weeks ago officemax had it for $40 per 100…

Originally posted by rdgrimes
Here’s the deal: You don’t get to have “cheap” DVD-R that burns at 8x. Not now, not ever. It’s TY or MCC, or nothing. At least untill CMC and Ritek release an 8x that is also supported but NEC at 8x.

If that were true about cd/dvd media then we wouldn’t see 50pk cdrs today at a local computer shop for $7 (or even less). Those cheap cdrs may not be as good as tdk or other name brands but I’ve never had any problems burning them at the highest 48/52x. Same can be said about dvd-rs. Sooner or later price will come down and inexpensive high-speed dvd-r medias can be had for much less than what you pay today. I should’ve used “inexpensive” instead of “cheap”.

LoneWolf15, Thank You.
wesociety, This is a good news!
rdgrimes, Thank You.

Budman62, What :|:|:| ? Sure?
Where you pay Arita +R media from?
( $40 per 100 ), It is a gooood deal !!
Can you give me a link for this deal??
Thank You

j00k, Good news, Thank You.

Okey, I have now 3 choose:
1 - Ritek G04, From NewEgg.com
2 - Arita, ( We are waiting Budman62 to tell us from where he pay it )
3 - Memorex, From Amazon.com
All this media i need it Ricohjpn.r01 .
And 4x can burn at 6x.
Can you choose?? :iagree:

Thank You

Hi All,

Budman62, I go to OfficeMax.com
I search about Arita DVD+R, But i didn’t find any thing!!

Meby you said about this:
http://forums.dealcatcher.com/m_183860/tm.htm

But i didn’t find any thing…

Need you help!

Thank You

OfficeMax is pretty inconsistent with what they advertise and what you actually get when you go to their stores. They do a lot of substitutions. I often read about great deals people have gotten there, but many times they don’t even stock the items that others mention in my local stores. Earlier this year when they advertised 50 Khypermedia DVD+Rs for $10 after rebate, with no speed rating mentioned (probably 1 or 2x), I rushed down before they opened so I could get some. They didn’t have any in stock at all at my store. I complained by writing an email and a week later I got a call from the store manager who told me to come down and he’d take care of it. I went, and he susbstituted a 50 pack of 4x Memorex DVD+Rs, the CMC type, for $10, not rebate required. Pretty good deal considering the original disks advertised were probably cheap 1x or 2x disks.

Originally posted by j00k
Unfortunately the Riteks I purchased from Newegg only burn at 4X. I don’t know of any other cheap dvd-r medias that will do 6x or 8x burning. Any suggestions?

Nothing is available yet. Much like the early ages of CD-R.

Give it another year for the market to shake out. Right now 4x is the best for speed at a reasonable price, and decent 2x stuff can be had even cheaper if you don’t mind taking twice as long to write a disc.

I use Ridata 4x R+ media on my 2500a. It burns at 6x, has media code RICOHJPNR01, and is available for $49 for 50 discs including shipping. I also recently bought 15 TDK 4x +R (says MADE IN JAPAN on package), same media code above, for $18 at Costco.

Hi all,
Thank you very much for you reply!

And let me explain what i need:
I want to buy i dvd burner for copy a movies and games.
((And i don’t have now any dvd-rom.))
What a should be choose? NEC 2500 or LiteOn 811s or LiteOn 812s ??

And what is a big different between LiteOn 811 and LiteOn 812 ?
I know only one different, The LiteOn 812 burn DVD-R at 8x, That what LiteOn 811 can do this.
Is there another different?

Thank You

my 2500a burns matrix 4x dvd-r. they are an offbrand but i have been pleased with them. got 50 for $34.50 at shop4tech:D