Please Insert Dual Layer Disc (Lite-On SHW-160P6S)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On SHW-160P6S. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Attempting to copy of Mr & Mrs Smith using the subject burner and Maxell DVD+R disks with DVDFab, setting at DVD-ROM as suggested. Error message comes back to insert a dual layer disk. This is only the second movie I’ve attempted. The other “The Fifth Element” copied fine with the above setup and Maxell disc. Do I have to use a dual layer output disc or is there a setting I should change to make this work?

The movie is larger than SL disk, so, you are being told it wants a DL disk.

Duh! :o I suppose that ought to be obvious! Thanks.

Are you using the free version or the full version of DVDFAB?

Mr. and Mrs. Smith is only two hours long. It will fit easily on a SL disc if you run it through DVD Shrink first and get rid of the extras.

DVDFab Platinum can do the “shrink” and also remove unwanted titles. Make sure the media drop-down has DVD5 and not DVD9 selected.

To Jethro - I’m using the full paid version of DVDFab Platinum5122.
To larc919 - ?? When I copied it to the hard drive using DVDFAB I copied only the Movie, not the full disc - and that’s what I tried to write to the Maxell, also using DVDFab, when I got the dual layer message. I do have the DVD Shrink program. I am a novice at this. Do I use it on the VOB file after copying it to the hard drive or???
To Superhero - Not sure how to do what you suggest. Under Common Settings - DVD - Write , there is a WRITE SPEED box which is set to “Recommended”; there is a WRITE TYPE of DVD-R MEDIA which is set to “Auto”; there is a DVD WRITABLE MEDIA (DVD-5) SIZE which is set to “4300”; there is a DVD WRITABLE MEDIA (DVD-9) SIZE which is set to “8000”; and there are 4 check boxes which include 1. Overwrite rewritable media automatically (not checked), 2. Set Booktype to DVD-ROM (Only for DVD+R/RW Media) which is checked since the instructions say to do so for my Maxell DVD+R media, 3. Do not eject disc when finished burning, which is not checked, and 4. Verify disc after finished burning which is not checked.

I do not see a choice that specifies DVD-5 as opposed to DVD-9 in this area of Common Settings. I “assumed” it looked at the disc and determined the choice automatically. Is there some other place where this can be set?

You can look at this option if you wish. Posts #67 to #74, but please also read Post #78.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-5-0-2-2-not-ready-big-league-245636/index3.html

[QUOTE=Jack4321;2188213]To Jethro - I’m using the full paid version of DVDFab Platinum5122.
To larc919 - ?? When I copied it to the hard drive using DVDFAB I copied only the Movie, not the full disc - and that’s what I tried to write to the Maxell, also using DVDFab, when I got the dual layer message. I do have the DVD Shrink program. I am a novice at this. Do I use it on the VOB file after copying it to the hard drive or???
To Superhero - Not sure how to do what you suggest. Under Common Settings - DVD - Write , there is a WRITE SPEED box which is set to “Recommended”; there is a WRITE TYPE of DVD-R MEDIA which is set to “Auto”; there is a DVD WRITABLE MEDIA (DVD-5) SIZE which is set to “4300”; there is a DVD WRITABLE MEDIA (DVD-9) SIZE which is set to “8000”; and there are 4 check boxes which include 1. Overwrite rewritable media automatically (not checked), 2. Set Booktype to DVD-ROM (Only for DVD+R/RW Media) which is checked since the instructions say to do so for my Maxell DVD+R media, 3. Do not eject disc when finished burning, which is not checked, and 4. Verify disc after finished burning which is not checked.

I do not see a choice that specifies DVD-5 as opposed to DVD-9 in this area of Common Settings. I “assumed” it looked at the disc and determined the choice automatically. Is there some other place where this can be set?[/QUOTE]

At the bottom of the main screen just left of center there is a drop-down box that has either dvd 9 or dvd 5 showing just to the right of the box it says “quality” choose the dvd5

TO: Beef Barley - thanks - great citation.
TO: Jethro - that’s it! Copy operation now proceeding! Got to go back and review that other citation some more - pretty comprehensive!

You are welcome, let us know how you do. For Dual Layer, just in case you want to try it. Verbatim Dvd+R DL recommended.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=86742

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=86730