"please insert CD" Help :(

Sorry I’ve posted this else where but in the wrong area of the forum, I hope you admins will delete it and forgive me :slight_smile:

My problem:
hey guys, I don’t know if this has been talked of before but if you dont mind helping me out with this query I’d be much appreicative

:cop: Editted For Content :cop:
I have decided to use clonecd and actually burn the cd.

My friends seem to think this is not possible at all as there is some anti-copy the cd holds so it will not be read as a bootable game disc. I believe they are correct. I burnt CD3 of Splinter Cell for online play and it says “please insert CD” when I have indeed the exact copy of the CD3 in my drive but on a burnt disc.

Any help? Many Thanks

First off please read the rulez regarding what I have edited from your post.

CD Copying we can help you with.

First off the reason you are getting the message is because you havn’t copied the disc properly. Lets see what we can do about this.

First off you will need to scan all of your CD’s with Aray Scanner to see what copy protection is on them.

Next if you can post that with your CDRW make and model we should be able to take it from there.

Thanks so much for fast reply womble. And heres that info you wanted.

The A-Ray results showed:
[23:33:38 PM] Signs on CD/DVD indicate SafeDisc 3.20
[23:33:38 PM] — File(s) Scan Finished [0.40s] —

And my DVDRW is: ASUS DVD-RW DRW-0402P

Thanks again

Hi XomB,

I would reommend the following steps:

1. Check if your writer is able to create a backup, you’ll need a 2sheep burner at least use this guide Sheep Test Guide. If your writer fails the 2sheep test there won’t be a chance of a succesful backup :sad:.
  2. After this check out this thread SafeDisc 3.20 Successes and Non-Successes to get some knowledge about different methods to create a succesful backup.

You can aslo take a look at CD Backup Guides and Tutorials for more tutorials. I think you’re new to this so if you got any question just post them :).

I’m sorry but why is a backup needed? I have the file on my hard drive already and it’s not like it’s going anywhere :slight_smile:

As for your link the relevent information:
Game: Splinter Cell PT
Reader:ltd-166s
Writer: ltr-48125w
Burning Program: Discjuggler 4.10.1140
Settings: see Discjuggler thread by FP

Means nothing to me lol, if you could shed a little more light on the topic, then thanks.

That’s the point your copy is not accepted by SafeDisc guard module, so it’s not a ‘1:1’ backup.

so this is bad? :frowning: means I cannot play this game online? I dont really want to go ahead with this sheep2 thingy - looks like its gonna waste a few of my discs, i’ve only got 8 left and they are proper expensive =/

As Womble said, the legal way to back-up your owned media…we’re all here for you, and willing to help, read the rules…twice. There are work arounds for almost anything, but in this forum, we’re pretty easy going…so long as you stick to the basic rules…:slight_smile:

So do you have a work around so I can make a backup of cd 3 of Splinter Cell 2 on my harddrive be burned to a disc like a straight 1:1 copy and work like the original disc? :slight_smile:

I’d suggest, alchohol120, proper profile, assuming whats on your hdd is an iso of your disk…from there, lotsof help this site, stated that way.