Please insert a dual layer disc?

Hello all. I’ve been a member for years, but rarely have had a problem or need to ask for help…until now. I’m running the latest version 8.0.7.3, and for some reason it’s now asking me to use a dual layer disc to burn. I’ve changed the dvd copy in settings from 9 to 5, it didn’t help. Tried upping from 4300 mb to 4400+, no change. What’s the deal?

You didn’t mention what software you are using or what it is you are trying to do. You only gave a version number.

trying to write to memorex dvd+r disc dvd fab platinum

[QUOTE=tankeryanker;2573108]trying to write to memorex dvd+r disc dvd fab platinum[/QUOTE]

Memorex has had reputation of working and not working or totally not working. When it says insert dual layer disc that means it won’t fit on a dvd+r media and will require you to buy a dvd+r DL media to burn to. Otherwise since you have dvdfab plat you might be able to resize the output from dvd+9 to dvd+5 aka dvd+r media. So check in dvdfab plat and it should give you a option to go to dvd+r media so it won’t keep asking you to use dvd+r dl media.

Don’t increase the target size to 4400mb. Since this is a DVDFab problem, I’m going to move it to our DVDFab forum, where you should get some help.

Hi tankeryanker

If you have DVD5 set as the default output size you should see DVD5 selected in the drop menu at the bottom next to the word "Quality"as shown below, if it is not selected you can manually select it in that drop menu…

To change the default Output size go into common settings and click on DVD Copy as shown below…

BTW…on those low quality media your useyou can set the write size to 4400 but I would not go over 4464 :wink:

I’ve tried all of those already nothing is working

[QUOTE=tankeryanker;2573137]I’ve tried all of those already nothing is working[/QUOTE]

Which mode are you using ? i.e Full Disc, Main Movie, Clone or Customize ?

Also is this a registered version of DVDFab ?

yes it’s registered and i’m using full disc…i rip to folder then write

[QUOTE=tankeryanker;2573262]yes it’s registered and i’m using full disc…i rip to folder then write[/QUOTE]

If you are not able to change the output size between DVD5 and DVD9 as shown in the first snap shot I posted you may want to click on the ? mark and select “About” to check if you are in fact using a registered version, it may be the registration has expired because the free version is the one that has no compression functionality.

i can and did change from dvd9 to dvd5, no change

How many megabytes are on the source disc??

Im having probs with several titles, all ranging from 6300 to 6800 mb

[QUOTE=tankeryanker;2573286]i can and did change from dvd9 to dvd5, no change[/QUOTE]

Please go into common settings and make sure Pathplayer is set to “Always Enabled”

Did that…although i don’t understand why that would matter, it WAS set on enable when necessary…but anyways it didn’t make a difference.

[QUOTE=tankeryanker;2573320]Did that…although i don’t understand why that would matter, it WAS set on enable when necessary…but anyways it didn’t make a difference.[/QUOTE]

What are the movie title that you are having this issue with ? also have you tried doing main movie instead of full disc ?

On the Pathplayer statement, some protection used now a days has bogus titles and excessive Vob files which makes it hard for software program to copy, Pathplayer reads the ifo files as a standalone DVD player reads it thus it is able to follow the correct playback structure which BTW the enable when necessary setting is not recommended because of known bugs.

MACHETE…CATFISH…MEAN GIRLS 2…WELCOME TO THE RILEYS…AND NO I HAVEN’T TRIED MAIN MOVIE…i’ve always been able to use full disc option for like 5 years now…just now running into this problem

[QUOTE=tankeryanker;2573327]MACHETE…CATFISH…MEAN GIRLS 2…WELCOME TO THE RILEYS…AND NO I HAVEN’T TRIED MAIN MOVIE…i’ve always been able to use full disc option for like 5 years now…just now running into this problem[/QUOTE]

Those movie titles are recently released movies and DVDFab may not have support for the protection found on them, please see the Knowledge-Base sticky on “How to send the necessary info” so Fengtao and his staff can analyze the data.

Which means you’ll have to wait for an update if a new protection is found on them, which shouldn’t be a problem since you have the originals.

Gotcha…or i could just use dual layer discs lol…oh well…i appreciate all the effort.

[QUOTE=tankeryanker;2573335]Gotcha…[B]or i could just use dual layer discs lol[/B]…oh well…i appreciate all the effort.[/QUOTE]

True!! I only use double layer for good movies that has special effect menus but the most of them I use main movie mode to cut down on the compression that is needed to save on picture quality during playback.