Please insert a compatible media to start the write process?! HELP!

When I attempt to copy a movie it says there is “No media detected in drive F” and tells me to insert compatible media. I’ve tried a dvd+R and a dvd-R, thinking maybe that was the issue. I have very little technical skills here folks, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

[QUOTE=theblackpage;2016700]When I attempt to copy a movie it says there is “No media detected in drive F” and tells me to insert compatible media. I’ve tried a dvd+R and a dvd-R, thinking maybe that was the issue. I have very little technical skills here folks, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot![/QUOTE]

What mode are you trying to use,…Full disc or Main movie should be ok with the DVD5(SL) selection at the bottom in the drop down window next to Quality.
If you are using the Clone mode then you have to use a DVD9(DL) disc and selext it in the Quality drop down window at the bottom or you will get that message

Welcome to the forum…
More info would help… Make sure you choose DVD5 not DVD9 when using SL media…Wait a few seconds after the hour glass flashes very quickly next to the pointer arrow before you click on start…

Welcome to the forum. Make sure the disk is blank. DVD+R is best.

[quote=StormJumper;2016703]What mode are you trying to use,…Full disc or Main movie should be ok with the DVD5(SL) selection at the bottom in the drop down window next to Quality.
If you are using the Clone mode then you have to use a DVD9(DL) disc and selext it in the Quality drop down window at the bottom or you will get that message[/quote]

I have tried Full Disc and Main Movie with both the dvd9 and dvd5 setting. Neither works. I get the same error message.

I also tried the clone mode and that didn’t work either. I wish I knew what was up, because this is immensely frustrating!

Maybe unistalling the drives in the device manager then rebooting might just do the trick?

[QUOTE=theblackpage;2016708]I have tried Full Disc and Main Movie with both the dvd9 and dvd5 setting. Neither works. I get the same error message.

I also tried the clone mode and that didn’t work either. I wish I knew what was up, because this is immensely frustrating![/QUOTE]

I you are trying the Full disc mode or the Main Movie only mode and DVD5 selected in the quality drop down window then you should not get that message,…If you do then you should check to see if your firmware for the drive is out of date and there may be an newer firmware releasted

what is the drive/burner that you are using

OK, I’m sorry to say that I wouldn’t know where to begin in terms of uninstalling drives or checking to see if I have the correct firmware for the drives.

[QUOTE=theblackpage;2016717]OK, I’m sorry to say that I wouldn’t know where to begin in terms of uninstalling drives or checking to see if I have the correct firmware for the drives.[/QUOTE]

What is the brand and model of your DVD drive I will check for you :smiley:
uninstalling the drive is a last resort IMHO