Please help

vbimport

I got home last night and plunged my external HDD to power and then connected USB to the computer, but i found out that the drive was not spinning. I have all my world on it and i will lose greatly if i don’t get it back working. Please help me cos it can even cost me my life:sad::sad::sad::sad:

You could check the power supply of your enclosure. In case the power supply is not working anymore you can open the enclosure and plugging your HDD directly to your comouter or an other external enclosure.
In case your HDD is damaged (than your stored data is gone) you should think about a backup strategy for the future.

I agree with TM; you should try to open the enclosure and connect the drive internally.
One additional thing that you could try if this doesn’t work:
replace the green print (with chips and electrical circuits) with a print from an identical, working drive. Both drives have to be COMPLETELY identical though to give this any chance of success.
If the internal, rotating components of your drive are not broken, then replacing this print can repair the drive and allow you to get to your valuable data.

Nice to see you back posting Wannez. Hope you will be around more.
I agree with you for getting bnsobila’s hard drive working. Have used this several times to back up precious work that others thought lost.

hehe thx! I’ll try to visit more often again.

[QUOTE=Wannez;2054013]One additional thing that you could try if this doesn’t work:
replace the green print (with chips and electrical circuits) with a print from an identical, working drive. Both drives have to be COMPLETELY identical though to give this any chance of success.
[/QUOTE]

Only an additional and warning note: :cool:

But it is very important that the drive must be [B][U]COMPLETELY[/U][/B] identical! For instance if you have a WD drive named “WD400AB-C0BVA0” thant you can not take the board of the “WD-400AB-32CMB0”. Best would be if the two drives are produced in the same month.
If you try this way backup the data of the other HDD to be sure you have the data. It may be possibel to damage the electronic if the HDD and electronic does not fit 100%.