Please help

Hi All, Can someone please help I am now using Vista as my OS and when burning cd’s they only seem to be writing in CDA format, I have converted to MP3 but then when I use Nero to write they see to go back to CDA which means my car stereo does not recognise them and will not play them I do not know if Vista is the problem but never experienced this with XP???
Please help am using lots of Cds and ending up throwing away
Very Frustrated
Colin:doh:

Welcome to CD Freaks, Colin :slight_smile:

Are you meaning to burn standard audio CDs (the .cda format), or intending to burn the files as .mp3 (which your car player can recognise, presumably…?)

If you want them burned as .mp3 files then use the ‘CD-ROM (ISO)’ template…

[quote=imkidd57;1940981]Welcome to CD Freaks, Colin :slight_smile:

Are you meaning to burn standard audio CDs (the .cda format), or intending to burn the files as .mp3 (which your car player can recognise, presumably…?)

If you want them burned as .mp3 files then use the ‘CD-ROM (ISO)’ template…[/quote]

Hi thanks for the welcome and the reply, I mean to burn standard audio files as I have always done abd I have never had a problem playing them in the car but now the car wont play them so i converted them to MP3 but realise now that the cars stereo is not an mp3 player so cant suss out why they wont play in the car???
any help would be grateful
Many thanks Colin :clap:

[quote=dragonlord313;1941035]Hi thanks for the welcome and the reply, I mean to burn standard audio files as I have always done abd I have never had a problem playing them in the car but now the car wont play them so i converted them to MP3 but realise now that the cars stereo is not an mp3 player so cant suss out why they wont play in the car???
any help would be grateful
Many thanks Colin :clap:[/quote]

Hi Again,
I have just took a burned cd out of my car and that plays ok but is in cda file so it must be the discs I have bought, its the only thing I can think of
Thanks again
Colin

Yes some car players are fussy about the disc quality. Try Verbatim CDRs: they’re a bit more expensive but more likely to be recognised by the player.

Burn speed can make a difference for audio, too: try 16x :slight_smile:

BTW, welcome, Colin :slight_smile:

Ah yes Arachne: I forgot that… thanks :flower: