Please help with new lg gbw-h20l not working

i just bought a pci serial ata controller card for my new lg gbw-h20l i installed the controller card and it says this it is installed after micro soft says it has not passed windows logo testing and its compatibility with windows xp…etc…anyways i installed the lg burner and when i open dvd fab it says that f drive is the new lg burner but it will not even read a dvd encrypyion on it or not…then when i try to cancel dvd fab it freezes…i tryed to open ners showtime and it also will not read the lg drive…

btw i have a older pioneer dvd drive connected in the e spot connected with non sata connection (idee) i think it is called…please help

[QUOTE=raymondtrudeau;2126928]i just bought a pci serial ata controller card for my new lg gbw-h20l i installed the controller card and it says this it is installed after micro soft says it has not passed windows logo testing and its compatibility with windows xp…etc…anyways i installed the lg burner and when i open dvd fab it says that f drive is the new lg burner but it will not even read a dvd encrypyion on it or not…then when i try to cancel dvd fab it freezes…i tryed to open ners showtime and it also will not read the lg drive…

btw i have a older pioneer dvd drive connected in the e spot connected with non sata connection (idee) i think it is called…please help[/QUOTE]
sorry my controller card is a
silicon image sil 3512 sata raid controller…

Did you flash the card BIOS with a non-RAID bios version?

See here for more details:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f7/sii-3512-pci-2-port-sata150-controller-disable-raid-menu-during-boot-252533/

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2126982]Did you flash the card BIOS with a non-RAID bios version?

See here for more details:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f7/sii-3512-pci-2-port-sata150-controller-disable-raid-menu-during-boot-252533/[/QUOTE]

i went to the web site and got this

• BIOS Update Utility for DOS 3.36 2/14/2008 45 KB This download includes UPDFLASH. The UPDFLASH utility is intended for general end-users who just want to update their add-in card BIOS to the latest version. This utility is for PC add-in cards only. Do NOT use this utility for Macintosh add-in cards.

• BIOS Update Utility for Windows 1.0 8/16/2007 27 KB This download includes SiFlashTool. The SiFlashTool utility is intended for general end-users who just want to update their add-in card BIOS to the latest version. This utility is for PC add-in cards only. Do NOT use this utility for Macintosh add-in cards.

• SiI3512 BASE, SATARAID, and system BIOS for standard and e-PAD 4.3.84 11/26/2007 182 KB This download includes BASE, SATARAID, and system BIOS. The r####.bin file is the SATARAID BIOS and the b####.bin is the BASE BIOS. The ###.bin is an abbreviated BIOS intended for integration into system BIOS. Do NOT flash system BIOS into an add-in card BIOS. Use the included BASE BIOS with with the latest BASE driver(s). SATARAID BIOS supports RAID levels 0, 1, and 10. Use the included SATARAID BIOS with the latest RAID driver(s). Use the included system BIOS with the latest SATARAID Tool: SATARAID Management Utility 1.23 (Java) or 1.0.0.26 (non-Java)

BIOS files with suffix “e” such as r###e.bin or ###e.bin should be used for SiI3512 e-PAD designs.

3512 IDE, SATARAID, and system BIOS 4.3.47 2/22/2005 69584 KB This download includes IDE, SATARAID, and system BIOS. The r####.bin file is the SATARAID BIOS and the b####.bin is the IDE BIOS. The ####.bin is an abbreviated BIOS intended for integration into system BIOS. Do NOT flash system BIOS into an add-in card BIOS. Use the included IDE BIOS with with the latest driver(s): SiI3x12 1.2.0.57 IDE Windows driver. SATARAID BIOS supports RAID levels 0, 1, and 10. Use the included SATARAID BIOS with the latest RAID driver(s): SiI3x12 1.00.51 SATARAID Windows driver. Use the included system BIOS with the latest SATARAID Tool: SATARAID Management Utility 1.19
BIOS Update Utilities 2.3 / 3.1.9 11/4/2004 77 KB This download includes UPDBIOS and UPDFLASH. The UPDFLASH utility is intended for general end-users who just want to update their add-in card BIOS to the latest version. This utility is for PC add-in cards only. Do NOT use this utility for MacIntosh add-in cards. The UPDBIOS utility is intended for OEM customers or users who want to customize their BIOS by adding custom logos, vendor IDs, product IDs, etc. For Macintosh controller card and system controller BIOS updates, please the card or motherboard maker’s website for flash utilities and new BIOS revisions.
BIOS Update Utility for DOS 3.35 12/19/2006 55 KB This download includes UPDFLASH. The UPDFLASH utility is intended for general end-users who just want to update their add-in card BIOS to the latest version. This utility is for PC add-in cards only. Do NOT use this utility for Macintosh add-in cards.

SiI3512 BASE, SATARAID, and system BIOS for standard and e-PAD 4.3.83 3/2/2007 186 KB This download includes BASE, SATARAID, and system BIOS. The r####.bin file is the SATARAID BIOS and the b####.bin is the BASE BIOS. The ###.bin is an abbreviated BIOS intended for integration into system BIOS. Do NOT flash system BIOS into an add-in card BIOS. Use the included BASE BIOS with with the latest BASE driver(s). SATARAID BIOS supports RAID levels 0, 1, and 10. Use the included SATARAID BIOS with the latest RAID driver(s). Use the included system BIOS with the latest SATARAID Tool: SATARAID Management Utility 1.22

BIOS files with suffix “e” such as r###e.bin or ###e.bin should be used for SiI3512 e-PAD designs.

SiI3512 BASE, SATARAID, and system BIOS for standard and e-PAD 4.3.79 7/21/2006 141 KB This download includes BASE, SATARAID, and system BIOS. The r####.bin file is the SATARAID BIOS and the b####.bin is the BASE BIOS. The ###.bin is an abbreviated BIOS intended for integration into system BIOS. Do NOT flash system BIOS into an add-in card BIOS. Use the included BASE BIOS with with the latest BASE driver(s). SATARAID BIOS supports RAID levels 0, 1, and 10. Use the included SATARAID BIOS with the latest RAID driver(s). Use the included system BIOS with the latest SATARAID Tool: SATARAID Management Utility 1.22

SiI3512 BASE, SATARAID, and system BIOS for standard and e-PAD 4.3.76 5/19/2006 142 KB This download includes BASE, SATARAID, and system BIOS. The r####.bin file is the SATARAID BIOS and the b####.bin is the BASE BIOS. The ###.bin is an abbreviated BIOS intended for integration into system BIOS. Do NOT flash system BIOS into an add-in card BIOS. Use the included BASE BIOS with with the latest BASE driver(s). SATARAID BIOS supports RAID levels 0, 1, and 10. Use the included SATARAID BIOS with the latest RAID driver(s). Use the included system BIOS with the latest SATARAID Tool: SATARAID Management Utility 1.22

SiI3512 IDE BIOS 4.3.70 10/6/2005 26155 KB

This download includes IDE BIOS for add-in cards. Use the included IDE BIOS with with the latest driver. Example: SiI3x12 IDE driver ver 1.2.0.57 for Windows 2000 and XP.

* Perform another search                                                                      

©2008 Silicon Image | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Site Map

iam lost which one do i choose and when i di it says open windows command…then change where it is located…then flash…how do i open windows comand? thanks

can anyone help? iam total lost and ready to return everthing… ha ha

Download the BASE driver, which is the b####.bin. Flash with UPDFLASH from floopy disc.

[QUOTE=zevia;2127048]Download the BASE driver, which is the b####.bin. Flash with UPDFLASH from floopy disc.[/QUOTE]

iam so sorry please forgive the noobie…is it this one

SiI3512 BASE, SATARAID, and system BIOS for standard and e-PAD 4.3.84 11/26/2007 182 KB This download includes BASE, SATARAID, and system BIOS. The r####.bin file is the SATARAID BIOS and the b####.bin is the BASE BIOS. The ###.bin is an abbreviated BIOS intended for integration into system BIOS. Do NOT flash system BIOS into an add-in card BIOS. Use the included BASE BIOS with with the latest BASE driver(s). SATARAID BIOS supports RAID levels 0, 1, and 10. Use the included SATARAID BIOS with the latest RAID driver(s). Use the included system BIOS with the latest SATARAID Tool: SATARAID Management Utility 1.23 (Java) or 1.0.0.26 (non-Java)

and you said floopy disc? my computer does not have a floopy disc i thought they were gone years ago?

Yes it’s this one (in bold)

[B]SiI3512 BASE[/B], SATARAID, and system BIOS for standard and e-PAD 4.3.84 11/26/2007 182 KB [B]This download includes BASE[/B], SATARAID, and system BIOS. The r####.bin file is the SATARAID BIOS and [B]the b####.bin is the BASE BIOS[/B]. The ###.bin is an abbreviated BIOS intended for integration into system BIOS. Do NOT flash system BIOS into an add-in card BIOS. Use the included BASE BIOS with with the latest BASE driver(s). SATARAID BIOS supports RAID levels 0, 1, and 10. Use the included SATARAID BIOS with the latest RAID driver(s). Use the included system BIOS with the latest SATARAID Tool: SATARAID Management Utility 1.23 (Java) or 1.0.0.26 (non-Java)
You can try making a boot disc with USB flash or CD.

I did this quite a while ago with my SiI 3114 so maybe other members can chip in to give you inputs.