Please Help..This is URGENT

I have a LITEON 40x12x48x 40125s

I have windows XP. It does not detect the drivers for the writer
When i check the system properties of the writer it says

“Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing.”…There is an exclamation mark next to it. I even have a LITEON 16x DVD ROM, but that works fine!

I tried removing the uninstalling the drive and restarting. It detects the drive, but it doesnt work.

Please can someone help! This is urgent!

Click reinstall drivers and let it search. Maybe they’re in the C:/windows/system32 directory.

i tried that as well…it did not work…!!

try uninstalling the IDE channel. if useless change the master/slave config or install without DVD on the same IDE. If still nothing try on another PC. Maybe the firmware is corrupted…

Noo…Man I tried all that…In the BIOS, it normally detects the Writer and DVD Rom as master and slave and viceversa…Only in Windows XP this problem occurs!

Someone HELP :frowning:

i got almost the same problem. XP setects the drive, but it wont read CD’s. i can open the drive in my commputer, but it NEVER shows any files, and when i put a CD in, and right click-propertiws on trhew drive, it says 0 bytes. its pissing me off.

Try this lot:

How to Troubleshoot CD-ROM Problems in XP:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314096

CD-ROM Drive or DVD-ROM Drive Missing After You Install Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];320553

Also ditch aspi4.7 - if you’ve got it -it’s weird in any case.
Use force Aspi 4.6 - the best.

Have you got SP1 installed? And XP still works?!?! Wow.

Ditch SP1 and use security updates only. SP1 was written by a group with a very strange sense of humour…

Taiyo:eek:

Originally posted by Taiyo
Ditch SP1 and use security updates only. SP1 was written by a group with a very strange sense of humour…

:bigsmile: Guess what ? I happened to sense it, so I ditched installing SP1 at all, living happily ever and after. :wink: