Please help! Problems burning CDs with iTunes

Hey does anyone know how to help me out? Here’s my problem:
My Itunes will not recognize my cd burner… it’s also a dvd burner which after I used the drive as a dvd burner it mess up my cd burning capabilities with it… someone please help me! It has windows xp. I have nero and I’ve been using 1 click dvd copy and aoa dvd ripper and dvd decrypter and dvd shrink and dvd fab platinum. I am wondering if one of those softwares have changed the cdr to dvdr only. Thanks in advance! :confused:

Start by deleteing itunes, try once more , then tell is more about your system.

it still doesnt’ work… what do you need to know? I uninstalled itunes shutdown computer reinstalled and still is not working… cds do burn with nero though and dvds do burn! it’s just itunes will not allow me to burn cds becasue it can’t find my burning device… this is really frustrating… but man CCRomeo you replied really quick!

Don’t use itunes. :rolleyes:

It tends to take over your system. :doh:

here’s the deal… I just bought some music on itunes and it won’t work to burn them anywhere else but itunes first… that is the only reason I want to burn from itunes

:sad: my itunes is not burning my cds! but heres the thing… I can burn cds with nero… but my protected songs that I just bought have to be burned to a disc before you can burn them with any other program… I have uninstalled Itunes… reinstalled itunes… deleted daemon tools… deleted drivers and repaired them… I don’t know what else to do… here is my diagnostics

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
ATI___ AWRDACPI
iTunes 7.1.1.5
CD Driver 2.0.6.1
CD Driver DLL 2.0.6.2
LowerFilters: PxHelp20 (2.0.0.0),
UpperFilters: GEARAspiWDM (2.0.6.1),

Found aspi32 running.
Current user is an administrator.

Video Display Information:

Sapphire RADEON X600 PRO
Sapphire RADEON X600 PRO Secondary

Connected Device Information:

DiskDrive, Maxtor 6Y250P0, Bus Type ATA, Bus Address [1,0]
DiskDrive, ST3160023A, Bus Type ATA, Bus Address [0,0]
CDROM, _NEC DVD_RW ND-2500A, Bus Type ATA, Bus Address [0,0]

If you have multiple drives on the same IDE or SCSI bus, these drives may interfere with each other.
Some computers need an update to the ATA or IDE bus driver, or Intel chipset. If iTunes has problems recognizing CDs or hanging or crashing while importing or burning CDs, check the support site for the manufacturer of your computer or motherboard.

Failed while scanning for CD / DVD drives, error 2510.
Virtual drives can sometimes interfere with reading and writing CDs in iTunes. If this is a virtual drive and you are having problems with other drives, try uninstalling the virtual CD application.

D: Unsupported CD or DVD drive.
Virtual drives can sometimes interfere with reading and writing CDs in iTunes. If this is a virtual drive and you are having problems with other drives, try uninstalling the virtual CD application.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!! I’m FRUSTRATED BEYOND BELIEF!
Me too, after reading all those capitals.

Using all Caps is considered rude, by most members. Please do not double post the same question.

@theroofisonfia: please take heed of the above requests.

Capitals fixed and thread title amended. Two threads merged.

Two suggestions:[ol]
[li]It’s possible that these two devices are physically on the same bus address. Do you have the DVD rewriter installed on the same ribbon cable as the hard drive?[/li][li]The NEC ND-2500A is a rather old device now, perhaps not supported by the newer versions of iTunes?[/li][/ol]

sorry about the caps I’m just really frustrated and I thought that caps would show that I was frustrated and in need of some major help… also I didn’t mean to double post I just don’t know how to do anything fancy on this thing yet… and my computer connection timed out when I pressed send… so I accidently posted it twice…sorry once again… sorry if this also posts twice… when I pressed send it went to a connection time out so I dont’ know if it already posted

OK no problem… what about the hardware suggestions above?

I understand the frustration I have been reading posts from several tech sites trying to resolve a similar situation. I recently installed a Lite-On 20A1P that I purchased as a “HP DVD 1040i”. I thought it was a lightscribe drive based on the packaging. However after many days of trying this and trying that… I was finally able to speak with HP support and they told me and apologized that my drive was actually the Lite-On.

I did not realize that I had a problem with itunes because I was too busy trying to get my “lightscribe” drive to work. I had Nero 7 installed. I uninstalled it and used the clean tool. I had Easy CD installed and uninstalled that as well. I uninstalled iTunes 8.0 when I realized it was the problem. I was able to get rid of this error screen when I found an itunes 7 version.

Then I got an error telling me that my itunes was corrupted because the library was updated with an earlier version than what was installed. I remedied this by renaming a previous library. Then the error came back. I understand from previous posts you guys don’t like itunes… However, it works for me or at least it used to. I have an ipod and I purchase music from them that must be burned from itunes.

My optical drives are not recognized to burn media, but they are recognized by itunes to import music. I ran itunes diagnostics and I do not have drivers in upper filters. I also included a screen shot of the device manager because the order changed after firmware updates. I also tried this advice:

"Get to Dev Manager by typing devmgmt.msc in run/win key + pause break or Rt.
click My Computer>Prop>hardware tab>Device Manager if you like 5 steps
instead of one cmd. If you’re set to PMI here change to DMO and if set to
DMO change to PMI:

a… Click the + in front of IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers
a… Double Click the Secondary IDE Controller
a… Click Advanced Settings
a… Under Device 1 Next to Transfer Mode choose DMA (or vise versa)
a… Click OK
a… Reboot your System"

but I was not able to because I do not have the option of advanced settings.

I would really appreciate your help

iTunes Diagnostics.txt (1.33 KB)

hpoppy664:

You may want to backup your iTunes library before doing the following but I’m not sure that it’s necessary. In fact I’m pretty sure it’s not but it’s better to be safe than sorry. If you did an upgrade from iTunes 7.X to 8, go into add/remove programs and remove [U]all[/U] Apple programs (Quicktime, iTunes, etc.). Go to the Apple website and install the stand-alone Quicktime first. Once that is installed correctly go back and install the stand-alone iTunes (not the one bundled with Quicktime). Make sure in both cases that you choose the option for your specific operating system. Let us know if this helps.

I will try and let you know. I ended up having more problems and now my screen goes black and restarts with scan disk starting and if I skip the scan everything seems to load fine; but then the computer restarts or locks up.

Newbie starting task two and getting “No media detected in drive E: Please insert media to start write process”

Dell Inspiron 9400/Vista/and Verbatim Ink Jet DVD-R 16x

The media is in the drive, unseen, and won’t come out.
At a STANDSTILL if anyone can help soon!

Hi and Welcome![quote=cosatlanta;2142059]Newbie starting task two and getting “No media detected in drive E: Please insert media to start write process”

Dell Inspiron 9400/Vista/and Verbatim Ink Jet DVD-R 16x[/quote]What drive? Dell had issued firmware updates for several drives to resolve issues with itunes. So you might check Dell support website if there is a fix for your drive also.

Michael

[QUOTE=williamkidd;2139100]hpoppy664:

You may want to backup your iTunes library before doing the following but I’m not sure that it’s necessary. In fact I’m pretty sure it’s not but it’s better to be safe than sorry. If you did an upgrade from iTunes 7.X to 8, go into add/remove programs and remove [U]all[/U] Apple programs (Quicktime, iTunes, etc.). Go to the Apple website and install the stand-alone Quicktime first. Once that is installed correctly go back and install the stand-alone iTunes (not the one bundled with Quicktime). Make sure in both cases that you choose the option for your specific operating system. Let us know if this helps.[/QUOTE]

I solved my other issues…I was bogged down with spyware. I cleaned that off and now back to itunes. I did a clean uninstall of both Quciktime and iTunes using General installation troubleshooting from Apple Support: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1926.

I then used the advice posted here and installed the stand alone Quicktime. There isn’t a standalone version of iTunes. It needs Quicktime and therefore is packaged with Quicktime. I installed iTunes and I still received the same error.

Because of the error “No drivers in LowerFilters. No drivers in UpperFilters.” I looked that error up and I found this response which helped me. I found and installed the missing drivers from: http://www.gearsoftware.com/support/drivers.cfm

I had to edit the registry which spooked me a little, but I backed up the registry and created a restore point as well. I used the information from “To disable third-party device filters in Windows XP” http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2372

I followed the steps indicated above and now iTunes recognizes my media drives…