Please Help On Dw1620

vbimport

HI,
i live in a very poor country. I can’t find good dvdburners here.
but 2 days ago i find a new banq Dw1620 manufactured on july 2007. it’s very expensive but i bought it because i know that it’s a very good model.
however i was suprised when i realised that 90% of cases it doesn’t read blank media that i have : DVD-R MXL RG03. Not even dvd+r.
i’ve searched in the hole topics about that and found many but none solutions.
Perhaps after all these years someone resolve this problem.
Excuse my english and have a nice day for all.

[QUOTE=labo_2000;2069005]HI,
i live in a very poor country. I can’t find good dvdburners here.
but 2 days ago i find a new banq Dw1620 manufactured on july 2007. it’s very expensive but i bought it because i know that it’s a very good model.
however i was suprised when i realised that 90% of cases it doesn’t read blank media that i have : DVD-R MXL RG03. Not even dvd+r.
i’ve searched in the hole topics about that and found many but none solutions.
Perhaps after all these years someone resolve this problem.
Excuse my english and have a nice day for all.[/QUOTE]

Hi labo_2000,
so your new Benq can’t read a MXL RG03 media? Are they Maxell branded?
Does your drive read another brands of recordable media and pressed media? Are you able to burn any medium?

What is the firmware version on the drive?

thank you pepst for your quick answer.
my dw1620 can’t read the MXL RG03 blank media ( under ANV Brand ) in 90% of the cases
i tried also a DVD+R RITEK F16, and when the benq can’t read the MXl it can’t read the Ritek also. ( i mean just the blank media)
however if there is a data in these media, the dw1620 reads them with no problem.
i succeded in burning an MXL @12x but only 1, so i have to reboot the pc in order to let my dw1620 detect the MXL media.

The firmware of the drive is B9W7.
I tried the B9V7 but same problem.

[QUOTE=labo_2000;2069025]thank you pepst for your quick answer.
my dw1620 can’t read the MXL RG03 blank media ( under ANV Brand ) in 90% of the cases
i tried also a DVD+R RITEK F16, and when the benq can’t read the MXl it can’t read the Ritek also. ( i mean just the blank media)
however if there is a data in these media, the dw1620 reads them with no problem.
i succeded in burning an MXL @12x but only 1, so i have to reboot the pc in order to let my dw1620 detect the MXL media.[/QUOTE]

1. your ANV media are most likely low quality media with fake MID code
  2. what do you expect to be readable on blank media? :wink:

yes, i confirm that ANV media are poor quality, but i don’t have the choice in my country there is only one supplier.
the problem is that the dw1620 begin to read and the led is twinkling until it goes out . and than nero detects no media.

Hi :slight_smile:
Put the media in the tray, but leave it open.
Then get everything setup in Nero.
Wait till Nero asks for media. Then close tray.
I have no idea if this will work, but its got to be worth a try. :cool:

[QUOTE=labo_2000;2069035]yes, i confirm that ANV media are poor quality, but i don’t have the choice in my country there is only one supplier.
the problem is that the dw1620 begin to read and the led is twinkling until it goes out . and than nero detects no media.[/QUOTE]
Where do you live? Did you try another burning application, for example IMGBurng?

it’s not a question of burning application
the dw1620don’t want to read the blank media at all with or without the application
i tried the solution of “zebadee” and it worked one time but only 1 time and besides i can’t choose the burning speed

A DW1620 manufactured July 2007, sounds odd to me. May be a refurbished unit? Sounds like a duff drive anyway. I hope you can return it, labo_2000.

Well I was going to say old drive, new media conflict, but the July 2007 threw me off.

i know that it’s an old drive
personnaly i was suprised to find it
but it’s a real benq oem with g9v7 f/w and i crossflashed it to dw1620 with b9v7 and than with b7w9
and i have the same problem with the retail and the oem
if i can crossflash it in another model maybe the drive behaviour will change
but i don’t know what are the clones of the dw1620

In which country your drive was manufactured?

the drive is manufactured in Malysia on july 2007
does it change something ?

Nope, but reading your posts you mentioned this :

[QUOTE=labo_2000;2069035]
the problem is that [B]the dw1620 begin to read and the led is twinkling until it goes out [/B]. and than nero detects no media.[/QUOTE]

This problem has exactly happened to me but only with badly burned media; I haven’t had this problem with blank media. I was curious asking where your drive was manufactured because I bought my 1620 in December 2007 and it was manufactured in China, date March 2005.

I have many BenQs, including many DW1620s, its the only Model since 2005 that has a RED led when burning, its not suppossed to be a constant red, it can flicker a few time during burning, thats normal but to go out completely , your drive may be on its way out. On the read it led is green and that should be a constant. Its probably a laser problem. As for detection of media, what media codes are you trying to dectect with it? Maybe they are not present in the firmwares, I doubt this is your problem, but you can trying something like Verbatim MCC004 media and see how it goes. [B]EDIT[/B] [B]I see above that it is happening with dash media, this has also happened to me, but its fine with + media, let us know.[/B]

[QUOTE=labo_2000;2069035][B]yes, i confirm that ANV media are poor quality, but i don’t have the choice in my country there is only one supplier.[/B]
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=alan1476;2069174]I see above that it is happening with dash media, this has also happened to me, but its fine with + media, let us know.[/B][/QUOTE]

The problem is that he can hardly get any different media than those ANVs…

Then I would say that the eephrom is fecked. He could try and reset it by backflashing to a very old BenQDW1620 firmware and then back to B7W9.

I don’t think it could be a laser problem. In my case the led was blinking trying to recognize the disc but as the Original poster said, the led went out. After some time trying to reload the disc, it was recognized, look at the results.