Please help NX9010 won't boot!

vbimport

I loaded cc defragger last night and ran it. Turned my computer on today and it won’t boot. It says “disk read error occurred” then “press ctrl+alt+del to restart”. I do that but it doesn’t work. Anybody know what to do???

Looking at the online manual, this model HP notebook should have come with recovery cds. Do you have them?

If you don’t have them, you can order them from HP: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00810334&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=321851#N322

Have you tried starting in Safe Mode? As the Laptop is coming up, tap on F8 and you should go into the Safe Mode Menu. If you do go in there try the Last Known good Configuation. If that doesn’t work, you do need to Format and reload Windows XP. This Laptop is older than 3 years, so you should consider a new HDD then you can move your Data over after you have it running again. Also max out the Memory to 1Gb, which is all you can put in there. :cool:

[QUOTE=alchav21;2624892]Have you tried starting in Safe Mode? As the Laptop is coming up, tap on F8 and you should go into the Safe Mode Menu. If you do go in there try the Last Known good Configuation. If that doesn’t work, you do need to Format and reload Windows XP. This Laptop is older than 3 years, so you should consider a new HDD then you can move your Data over after you have it running again. Also max out the Memory to 1Gb, which is all you can put in there. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Safe mode won’t come up. Have memory maxed.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2624876]Looking at the online manual, this model HP notebook should have come with recovery cds. Do you have them?[/QUOTE]

No. :frowning:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2624877]If you don’t have them, you can order them from HP: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00810334&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=321851#N322[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much. I’ll try your link. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=payton12300;2624896]Safe mode won’t come up. Have memory maxed.[/QUOTE]

I guess you have learned your lesson, you don’t need any of those useless Utility Programs. When you get your Recovery Discs, and a new HDD with the Memory maxed out, your Laptop will be running better than new. When it’s time, all you have to do is use the Windows Defragger and Disc Cleanup. :cool: