Please Help My Tdk

vbimport

HEY ALL, I HAVE A IBM APTIVA, AMD 450 MHZ PROCESSOR, XTRA MEMORY CHIP, 8GB HARD DRIVE, A INTERNAL TDK VELOCD 8X4X32, MY PROBLEM IS THIS AFTER DOWNLOADING MP3S THE TDK SOFTWARE WONT ALLOW ME TO BURN THE MP3 TO CDR, I GET A MESSAGE STATING FILE TYPE NOT SUPPORTED I TRYED EVERYTHING I COULD CHANGE WITH NO LUCK,.....SO I BOUGHT NERO 5 THE PROBLEM THERE IS I GET BUFFER UNDERRUN ERORS OR PROBLEM READING DATA ERORS ONCE AGAIN I TRYED EVERYTHING SLOWING DOWN BURNER, CHANGING ALL SETTINGS STILL NO LUCK......AFTER TALKING TO BEST BUY THEY TOLD ME EITHER THE COMP. IS TO OLD (2 YEARS) OR I NEED A NEW BURNER . THEY RECOMENDED A PLEXTOR DUE TO THE BURNPROOF FETURE. ANY IDEAS SO I DONT HAVE TO GO BROKE BUYING STUFF THAT WONT HELP ANYWAY. IF YOU THINK I NEED THE BURNER WHAT WOULD YOU RECOMEND ..........PLEXTOR,SONY,YAMAHA,TDK, OR SOMETHING ELSE. IF IVE GOT TO BUY A NEW ONE I WANT A GOOD ONE. THANKS SOOOOOO MUCH FOR ANY HELP/ADVISE. ROB:confused

are you running any other progs while you are burning…IE " screen savers or anything that might be in the system tray…" if so turn them off…enable DMA on your CdWriter and HDD in the system manager window…if that does not help …I suggest getting a plextor or a lite-on writer…i have the 8x plextor (does not have buffer underun protection) and 24x plextor (has it)(and can copy any protection out on the market :D) …which you kind find real cheap now these day

Have you checked your aspi layer yet? If not, do so cauze it could be the source of your problem … a badly installed aspi layer is usually the source of most buffer underruns and nero or other cdrw programs usually mesh up with aspi when installing them. There are some useful tools out there like aspicheck, look in adaptec’s site for more info

Disabling some programs running in system tray before burning should help also :wink:

i didnt read your post fully, caps lock just shits me.

BUT…are you trying to burn on the fly ?
perhaps your PC cannot convert MP3 > WAV quick enough for the burner to be fed.

try a slower setting, or using winamp to convert before burning. ?

Please dont leave the caps lock on, its like you are shouting.

Ok for a recommendation after you have tried all the remedies, such as burning at a slower speed, software/aspi updates, and all the other thjings that you can think of, It might be time for a new burner, Plextor’s are good for audio, and liteon are good for game cd’s…

maybe you can defrag your hd