Please help me with LiteOn SOHW-1633S!

Hello!

I have LiteOn SOHW-1633S. I flashed it CS0T - patched - crossflashing, multi-colored LED - firmware from the codeguys.tpc1.org to
LiteOn SOHW-1653S :clap: .

Everyone is fine, but the drive cannot write DVD-R (I tried Digitex, Fuji, etc.).
In Nero 6.6.1.4, I have the “Lead-In Error” :sad: .

DVD+R, DVD+RW it write well.

Can everybody help me (maybe I must use another firmware or someone else) :confused: ?

Well the firmware is definitely ok. Did you have such problems with other firmwares?

To espresso: What firmware I must try? Can you tell me?

Maybe your problem is that you are using low quality media: try with better quality media and see if this solve.

The “Lead-In Error” applies to older firmwares of -5S/6S drives only, not your 163[B]3S[/B]. Can you try a Verbatim -R disc?

I’m also having the same problem!! but my problem is worst. I’m using the same player it can’t read DVD+Rs neither can it read DVD+rs. How ? i tried using those cleaning discs to clean the lens to no avail. In additioin when i put in a DVD+R or -R disc there is this whirrling/clicking sound. HOw ? what should i do ?

I also own the Liteon SOHW-1633S with the firmware ver. BSOY. What are the advantages of upgrading to CSOT (SOHW-1653S)? What are the differences between SOWH-1633S and SOHW-1653S?

Thanks!

I also have the LiteOn SOHW-1633S and was looking at the crossflashing, multi-colored LED firmware from the codeguys, you say the firmware is ok? I would hate for it to muck up my unit :frowning:

If your drives are working fine as a 1633, then there’s no need to crossflash to a 1653, perhaps ruining your setup. Crossflashing may not give you better results, but it’s more of a “fun” factor.