Please help me to flash a Optiarc 7170A

I am new here. Hello to everybody! :flower:
I am trying to flash my Apple’s Optiarc 7170A from Firmware 1.08N to 1.08N RC1.
Since the Mac has under Fusion as virtual guests both Windows and Linux, I first downloaded the GUI win32 version of BinFlash.
However no success :confused:. I receive the message DMA mode is needed.
I downloaded then the command-line BinFlash for Linux. Scan works now OK but dump gives the message this drive is not supported. (I did not even try the flash command :o.)
I went to Vista virtualized this time under Parallels, not Fusion, but again no success at all. :frowning:
The strangest thing happens however under native Mac OSX 10.5 :confused: with the Mac command-line Binflash. There I receive the message the Optiarc is a SCSI drive!!!
Absolutely wrong, It is a EIDE (P-ATA) ODD.
Please, any help will be highly appreciated.
:flower:
Thanks in advance!!!

[QUOTE=Efaron;2012634]I am new here. Hello to everybody! :flower:
I am trying to flash my Apple’s Optiarc 7170A from Firmware 1.08N to 1.08N RC1.
Since the Mac has under Fusion as virtual guests both Windows and Linux, I first downloaded the GUI win32 version of BinFlash.
However no success :confused:. I receive the message DMA mode is needed.
I downloaded then the command-line BinFlash for Linux. Scan works now OK but dump gives the message this drive is not supported. (I did not even try the flash command :o.)
I went to Vista virtualized this time under Parallels, not Fusion, but again no success at all. :frowning:
The strangest thing happens however under native Mac OSX 10.5 :confused: with the Mac command-line Binflash. There I receive the message the Optiarc is a SCSI drive!!!
Absolutely wrong, It is a EIDE (P-ATA) ODD.
Please, any help will be highly appreciated.
:flower:
Thanks in advance!!![/QUOTE]

Hopefully Liggy or Dee can help you.