Please help me on the strangest thing ever plz read

i don’t know if this is the proper place or not but here it goes, i have a dell xps 700 i belive i have a tsst corp ts-h552b ( ill look into it to give a 100% acuracy) i have the latest anydvd / clonedvd2 2.9.0.1 and 6.0.9.0 pc is extreamly healthy (no virus / spyware trojan) as far as that goes. now my problem? well when ever i try to copy a movie it copies fine but when i try to see it for ex ant bully the previews on shailo skip and sometimes it would burn other scense from other movies i’v previously burned . i even done windows task manager to terminate all programs that are un nessary leave the pc alone and burns are no diffrent. i am using genine tayio youden media ( tog2 8x dvd-r) i have seen skips and scenes from other movies on several dvds that i’v copied . any thoughts ? also my speed is somewhat slower then what it should be like say clone says 29 mins on pirates of the carben 2 ( i havnt seen it so i dont know if it skips or not ) and it would take longer then 20 mins… the dvd drive uses serial ata and is set to bios dectec or someting like that . i tried putting my trusted ide channels sony dru530a and i/o magic 16x or someting… anywyas i cant use them due to they are set to pio settings and yes i tried reinstall disable enabled unisntall scan hardware for changes changing the jumper settings first cs then i tried all settings all stuff on ma/sl jumper settings . and even call dell’s awesome tech support … and no solutions alto im going to do a reinstall from the hard drive ( its a knda dell thing ) so bottom line of this long thread is : why are my 100% clean and scrachless disc causing skips and scenes from other burned movies on my backups? when its best media etc etc??? please any suggestion???

gus738 –

You have a couple of issues that need to be resolved and I will attempt to provide some assistance.

It appears that you have something wrong with the “Tempory Directory For Video Files” directory that you are using for the CloneDVD2 v2.9.0.1 software program.

Suggest manually navigating to the directory you have CloneDVD2 v2.9.0.1 designated as your “Tempory Directory For Video Files” directory and delete ALL the files in that directory. Also in CloneDVD2 v2.9.0.1 ensure that you have the “Delete Tempory Video Files After Writing” box checked.

Also suggest in AnyDVD v6.0.9.0 settings that you have the “Use CSS Key Archive” box unchecked.

After doing the above it is a good idea to perform a through Hard Disk defragmention (Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Disk Defragmenter).

To ensure quality error free Burning results ensure that all background Multi Tasking operations are curtailed. To ensure that all background Multi Tasking operations are in fact curtailed check that ALL unnecessary programs are not automatically loaded during Window Startup. To check this suggest viewing the below Web Link that details how to use MSCONFIG to configure Windows Startup to load only necessary items. You will be surprised at all the unnecessary Memory and Resource wasting items that are automatically loaded during Windows Startup. Suggest when visiting the below referenced Web Link to also check out Paul “PacMan” Collins’ huge “Startup Applications” list (http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php)

http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/

I personally ensure that all possible background Multi Tasking operations are fully curtailed when processing my DVD Movie backup copies. If you are offline, which you should be when processing DVD backup copies, there is no reason to have Anti Virus and FireWall active and running. This is just a waist of unnecessary Memory and Resource and could possibly interfere with the DVD Movie backup process.

Addressing your IDE PIO Mode problem ->

Have you tried using a new Ultra DMA (80-Conductor) IDE/ATA Cable and ensure that it is configured correctly? Below is a Web Link that details proper Ultra DMA (80-Conductor) IDE/ATA Cable configuration.

http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/if/ide/confCable80-c.html

BeLooken

man i have to write over lol but first let me say thanks BeLooken for taking your time on writing this useful information , i have infact done already a few steps that you have mentioned ( because i do know a bit more on the pc ) on clonedvd2 its pre selected to delete files once its done with the movie , on top of that i always check the path location C>CLONEDVDTEMP>video ts and it says empty ( i’v started checking ever since i noticed this issue)

the only thing i keep on thinking is on the anydvd to uncheck use css keys from archive ? how does this help? as far as a defrag i knew about this but dell said not to defrag this one cuz i have a raid 0 . netherless i defraged when needed . ever since i recieved this pc i have gone to msconfig to its startup items list and i only got a few going there. but whenever im preparing to copy a dvd i right click on those items and close them then i bring up win task manager and click on the user name “gustavo” and i terminate nearly everything which brings up from 50ish to 40ish process running. the cpu usage is less then 30 % ish when its copying the dvd. i have norton internet security 2006 and as far as the 40 pin 80 pin thing i dont think this applies to this becaues the dvd drives use sata cables even . i dont know how to determine if i have the 40 or the 80 but i have the xps 700 and by then i dont think they were putting 40 pin,… my cuzen said my pc had high end stuff( black cables?) all in all i was thinking of doing a system restore its a image done to the hard drive so i only hit ctrl+f11 when i power up the pc hit restore and wit again once it reinstall without me putting any disc… should i attempt this or what else can you think of that i can use or this is everything???

thanks again for your time and your response