Please, help me...DVR-A07XLA or DVR-107?

Guys, can you confirm somethng for me?

I have the same doubt… which one to buy…

The differences for me…

DVR-107 OEM will cost US$ 121.55
DVR-A07XLA BOX will cost US$ 168.00

Well, maybe a little “bitter” :slight_smile: But… I’m from Brazil… And that’s the lowest price I’ve found for this drivers…

So, what do you guys think? Which one is the best for me?

And another thing… THAT’s what I’m really worried…

These recorders can burn ANY KIND OF MEDIA? I mean… I’ve heard that Pioneer’s burners can ONLY burn in “expensives” medias… I mean… like Philips, Samsung, Pioneer, and others… you can’t burn the DVD’s into “cheapest” medias…

So, that’s another question… is that true? And if it is… what can I do? Change firmware? Bios? What am I supposed to do do burn DVD’s into cheapest medias… (not supportable)…

Help this poor guy :bigsmile: to buy a DVD burner … please… :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, being the owner of an A07XLA, some may say I’m a little biased. But I actually say save the money & get the 107. Those are some pretty steep prices you’ve got there, BTW - anyone suggest a reliable, CHEAP online retailer for our friend?

As I understand, the only real differences between the two models are a slightly different front panel (slightly prettier on the A07XLA), and a different chassis - apparently the A07 has been designed to be a little quieter - a ‘special’ honeycombe design.

Apart from that, both VERY good drives.

As far as media goes, I think you’ll find the opposite to be true - Pioneer’s are generally very good with media compatibility, however I only use good media personally. I’ve had several bad experiences with cheap media causing movies to end up really jumpy in players, so I prefer to stay with quality.

i’m using the cheapest media i find. (princo 4x) and i own ASUS DRW 804-P
and couple of days ago i found out that actually DVR 107 and my burner are the same.
you can buy an asus drive if you want because it’s cheaper than pioneer and works good.
but i really recommend you to think of buying a nec or liteon drive if you find one do not miss it.

I’d take the DVR-107.

I’m not sure the difference is only limited to case and front panel, as when pioneer publish firmware for the A07XLA they are different from the 107D, to me they would save themselves some time and money if both drives were the same except for case and panel by only putting out one bios upgrade to suit both. :confused:

Well, I think all of you would prefer the 107… It’s cheaper and as you said it’s the same thing as A07XLA…

I’ve heard that A07XLA is quieter… but Agent_007 said the adverse :slight_smile:

Well… you said NEC, ASUS…
Let me post my options…

DVDRW/CDRW ASUS DRW-0804P BOX US$ 146.15
DVDRW/CDRW LG GSA4082BI BOX US$ 123.35
DVDRW/CDRW LG GSA4120BB OEM US$ 140.55
DVDRW/CDRW NEC ND2500A US$ 106.35
DVDRW/CDRW NEC ND2510A US$ 126.30
DVDRW/CDRW PIONEER DRV-107 OEM US$ 121.55
DVDRW/CDRW PIONEER DVR-A07XLA BOX US$ 168.00
DVDRW/CDRW PLEXTOR PX-708A BOX US$ 193,65
DVDRW/CDRW PLEXTOR PX-712A BOX US$ 222,15
DVDRW/CDRW SONY DRU530A BOX US$ 161,35
DVDRW/CDRW SONY DRU700A BOX US$ 209,8
DVDRW/CDRW SONY DWU18A OEM US$ 111,1
DVDRW/CDRW TOSHIBA SDR5272 OEM US$ 111,1

So, which one you recommend ???

And I think that’s the cheapest I can get here… cuz it’s the price form an US vendor… he’s brazilian and sells only for brazilian people… But if I try to buy any of these above… I think it will be kinda 30% more expensive :confused:

Help this desperate guy :smiley:

Check my post a little more closely & you’ll see I actually said the A07 was quieter.

I say go for the DVR-107 or either of the NEC models.

Check my post a little more closely & you’ll see I actually said the A07 was quieter.

I say go for the DVR-107 or either of the NEC models.

Oh… NOW I saw :stuck_out_tongue: you said A07 not 107 :smiley:
Sorry, I did read it wrong :frowning:

LOL …
But do you think NEC is compatible with Pioneer ? What 'bout Plextor ? I just love Plextor’s CDRW’s :smiley: But it’s too expensive…

I think I’ll get the 107…

And… just curiosity… why some people change firmwares ? What can be improved?

i think you sould buy nec 2510a bcause it’s cheaperthan the others and can burn dl discs too. and nec is said to be very successful with any kind of blank medias.

i think you sould buy nec 2510a bcause it’s cheaperthan the others and can burn dl discs too. and nec is said to be very successful with any kind of blank medias.

Are you sure both are similar?

Well, I just saw that …[/b]2.4X Double Layer DVD+R9[/b]… but’s that slw… isn’t it? 2.4x ??? For a Double Layer …

But… sincerely, NEC IS AS GOOD AS A PIONEER ???
Because I’m starting to think in buying this NEC… would it work with any media? Is it easy to find a hacked firmware if it doesn’t works with the cheapest medias???

Please, help this indecisive guy to buy his first DVD burner :smiley: