Please help! LG DVD recoder problem (LG DVD - VHS - RH-278H )

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the LG RH278H. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi.

I have an LG HDD/DVD Recorder Model RH278. When I dub a program from the HDD to a DVD, and watch the DVD again (after dubbing and finalization) on my regular DVD player, the screen gets distorted and some times the sound lags behind. I use DVD+R discs (which I do initialize before hand) and dub on “Fast Mode”. I also edit some of the contents as it is on the HDD. Is there a setting I can change or am I using the wrong discs? I have tried everything – but nothing seems to work.

Please help!!

Kind regards
Karlien

Try not using the fast mode… What brand of dvd’s are you using…

Dear Rob

Thank you so much for your reply!

It takes far too long to dub in “real time” - as I really dub allot. I have tried all the brands of discs - Sony, TDK, Verbatim, and Aim (all the speeds - as recommended in the manual). I have also tried using DVD -R discs - but the problem still remains. Do you think there can be something wrong with the DVD player itself?

Kind regards
Karlien

I don’t know if you got help by now. If you play it in the LG DVD player do you get the same problem? What you also must remember, the LG DVD copy files to AVI. Is you other dvd player compatible!

Hi.

No, it still does it. Yes, the other player is also LG. I am sorry - but i am really technologically illiterate - what is AVI? And how will i find out if the system is AVI compatible?

Thank you,
Karlien

Hi.

No, it still does it. Yes, the other player is also LG. I am sorry - but i am really technologically illiterate - what is AVI? :confused: And how will i find out if the system is AVI compatible?

Thank you,
Karlien

With the file on your hard drive, can you view it from start to end, and it plays fine? What format is the file on your hard drive in? is it avi, mpeg2, xvid

AVI stands for Audio Video Interleave and is a generally used because of its quality and size. Normal standard DVD movies that you buy or rent at a movieshop are VOB format, which is a larger file and stand for Video Object file and is MPEG-2 format standard. The data that you put onto the LG HDD, to dub, have you checked that it is clean and no problems with sound and display? Check your dvd player manual for discs that are compatible. Compression of data, that means if the file size is 8 gb and it is compressed down to fit standard 4 gb disk, the correct software must be used because this will affect quality of the video. If you still have problems please pm me

Hi,

I think that it records on Video mode or format. I didn’t change any setting with regards to it. So, it must be the default setting. Yes, I can replay the data that I have recorded onto the HDD perfectly – there is no problem. I have also checked the manual for the recommended DVD’s and use only those – however, the picture is still distorted and there is a sound delay once I have dubbed it form the HDD to the DVD. If I use DVD –R discs – the recorder says “can not record due to disc error”. I also initialize the DVD +R and finalize them. Can the lens of the recorder just be dirty? If so, how do I clean it? I have the recorder for about 8 month now.

Thank you for your reply and your help – I really appreciate it! :bow:

Kind regards
Karlien

1: Buy a good quality DVD Disc cleaner from your local computer store. Make sure the disks that you write on and read from are clean.
2: Editing of any material on this recorder will cause a momentary pause between edits.
3: If the disk cleaner did not help and you still get a disc error, your chances are good the DVD Recorder head has a problem. It must still be under warranty.
4: You say you " really dub allot " and the recorder is 8 months old, I’ll go with 3