Please help, I've lost everything!

I’m currently using a Dell Inspiron 5150, 3.06 Ghz, 512mb, running windows xp sp2. My Burner is an external Sony 810UL and it’s only a month old and is working perfectly I think…

My problem is… Up until last week my burner was working fine, but my computer was getting rather cluttered so I decided to re-format my hard drive and reinstall everything that I wanted to keep. I burnt all of my movies, program installation files and all the photos I’ve taken over the last 3 years onto dvd and I triple checked that they were readable before I reformatted.

I reformatted and re-installed windows xp and downloaded all the updates off microsoft. Then I re-installed my external burner. It seemed to work fine again. It still burns dvd’s fine and can read the newly burned ones with no problem. But all of the dvd’s that I have all of my precious files on are not readable anymore. WHAT THE?? It says “E: is not accessible”

I’m a newbie to burning DVD’s but I’ve got a really bad feeling that the dvd’s were originally burned as multi-session discs?? Would this affect why I could read them before and not now?? Can somebody please correct me if I’m wrong about this or suggest a way that I can recover the files on these DVD’s?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

It could be a problem due to multisession, but also a problem with a low quality media. What disc did you use?

Try to recover your files with isobuster

IMHO, it’s not the discs, they worked just fine BEFORE the OS reload. THAT’S what’s different now. Can you try to read them on another PC?