Please help if you can with DVD editing Info

Hey all, I am having trouble with button highlighting in a customized menu of a merged DVD. Rather than rehash all of the information that has been given so far I have a few questions: What is the difference between replace block and replace with still when customizing the startup menu? I ask mainly because replace block does not come up when I right click according to the directions. Second, I am pretty new to editing DVD’s. Is there a FAQ of some kind that explains DVD layout and commands? I am beginning to realize just how powerful DvdRemake is but I don’t understand a lot of things like subpicture tracks, program chains, LinkTailPGC etc.

I have been through the Customize menu tutorials on the DvdReMake site and looked at quite a few threads on this and the CDR-Zone forums.

I am using DvdReMake Pro 3.6.2 and it is a legal purchased copy, I had the same problem with “Replace Block” not coming up in v3.6.1 also.

Thanks for any help you can give.

“Replace block” replaces the whole VOB content - video/audio/subpictures, button info like button commands, button layouts, and color schemes. This option is available in the Domain Content pane at VTS or Program Chains level, and in the Programs pane at PGC level.

“Replace with still” replaces only with a still background, all the audio/subpictures and button info are left in tact. This option is available only in the Preview window.

Take a look at the DvdReMake manual, the Command Editor which briefly explains each command, and a great site, http://www.dvd-replica.com/DVD/index.php under the left-hand column Unofficial DVD Specifications, that explains the general DVD structure and commands in more details.

To help you understand with the DVD navigation flow, use the debugger to trace through in Step mode. Also, if you’re not in the debugger, highlight one of the branching commands (jump/call/goto) and select “Open Destination” or Ctrl+Space, it’ll take you to the destination.

Check out the sticky List of Useful Topics as well.

Thanks toaddub

Please can you help me.

I have two Lite-On HDD DVD recorders linked to one Sony TV. ( KV-28LS60U )
My problem is that each of the two remote controls gives the same command to both recorders.

Is there some simple way that I can control each recorder
seperately with each of the two remotes ??

[quote=sr9004;1856012]Hey all, I am having trouble with button highlighting in a customized menu of a merged DVD. Rather than rehash all of the information that has been given so far I have a few questions: What is the difference between replace block and replace with still when customizing the startup menu? I ask mainly because replace block does not come up when I right click according to the directions. Second, I am pretty new to editing DVD’s. Is there a FAQ of some kind that explains DVD layout and commands? I am beginning to realize just how powerful DvdRemake is but I don’t understand a lot of things like subpicture tracks, program chains, LinkTailPGC etc.

I have been through the Customize menu tutorials on the DvdReMake site and looked at quite a few threads on this and the CDR-Zone forums.

I am using DvdReMake Pro 3.6.2 and it is a legal purchased copy, I had the same problem with “Replace Block” not coming up in v3.6.1 also.

Thanks for any help you can give.[/quote]

Also note that Replace block is a CONTEXT menu. You must have it selected and use the mouse. Anything else will lead to headaches. Replace Block is a just a special copying command. It has lots of potential uses.