Please Help..I am stuck!

vbimport

I am in a jam and am hoping for some help. Here is a post that I started a few days ago:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89700

I have been an audio burning nut for years and recently decided to take the plunge to dvd since I now have a great camcorder. Here is the dilemma.

1. I only have 2 bays
  2. One bay has a JLMS DVD-Rom, the other has a Plextor Premium.
  3. I need a DVD burner and really don’t want to part with the Plextor Premium drive(or should I?). I don’t know if the PX-708a does as well with audio.
  4. I do have firewire.

Should I buy the external 708 drive? Should I buy an enclosure and take the DVD-Rom out of the case. How would I do this?

I need to do this now and need some advice. Can someone please let me know which way to go here.

I know that that 708 external is more $$, but that doesn’t matter. I just want to do this the right way.

Thanks guys for the help. Please reply. I really am at a standstill here!!

Originally posted by jreed
[B]I am in a jam and am hoping for some help. Here is a post that I started a few days ago:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89700

I have been an audio burning nut for years and recently decided to take the plunge to dvd since I now have a great camcorder. Here is the dilemma.

1. I only have 2 bays
  2. One bay has a JLMS DVD-Rom, the other has a Plextor Premium.
    [/B]

Im not familiar with your dvd rom drive but…
Unless your dvd-rom drive is some sort of miracle of technology I would get dump it. Keep the plextor.
Either way thats just my opinion.

I have checked and my dvd-rom is a Dell special that’s no great prize. If I dump it what will I use for reading dvd’s. Am I making this more difficult ahan I should?

I dont know about the software for copying commercial DVD.
2 DVD drives would only be good for Copy on the fly ( if thats even possible)

But your dvd recorder should have no problem reading commercial dvds.
Either way just check out the specifications of the drive before you buy it. I have yet to hear of a dvd burner that cant read normal dvds.

As far as I’m concerned, get rid of your DVD-ROM drive and buy yourself a Pioneer/NEC/LiteOn/Plextor DVD-writer.

If you’re only looking for best possible burn quality, then your choice should be very simple: NEC 2500A