Please Help! Having Trouble

Hello everyone.
I have been having trouble with DVD Fab Platinum for a couple of weeks now.
I usually back up my movies by putting them on my hard drive first…then writing them to Disc.
Well…the last two weeks, every time I start to write it tells me that DVD Fab cannot open the file.
I have already done a clean uninstall of DVDFab, installed the newest beta version but still the same problem.
The files are written fine by Img Burn…but I would like to use DVD Fab for everything.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You for your time.

[QUOTE=AngelsTrojans;1990956]Hello everyone.
I have been having trouble with DVD Fab Platinum for a couple of weeks now.
I usually back up my movies by putting them on my hard drive first…then writing them to Disc.
Well…the last two weeks, every time I start to write it tells me that DVD Fab cannot open the file.
I have already done a clean uninstall of DVDFab, installed the newest beta version but still the same problem.
The files are written fine by Img Burn…but I would like to use DVD Fab for everything.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You for your time.[/QUOTE]

If DVDFab has copyed these files to your had drive then it should be able to access them UNLESS you have altered them with another program, if you did it would help to know what program

Not altered at all…I go from saving it to hard drive to writing it.

wish i could help, just tried it with a video_ts folder of hunting party, burned with vso using dvdfab 4060 beta.

what i do is rip to hard drive and burn at the same time. in settings, general, uncheck delete temporary files when done.
http://dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/SettingsGeneral

i dont know if you save to video_ts folder or iso. but this works good for video_ts folder.

what about 3:10 to Yuma?

Hi Angels,

Sorry if this sounds like a really dumb or “too obvious” a question…
Are you certain you’re using the correct icon (button) to open and populate the source material?

If you’re opening files written by Img, these will be .ISO files

There are 2 icons to the right of[B] Source[/B].
Click on the icon to the far right…looks like a dog-eared page with a disc overlay. This will open only .ISO files.

The “Folder” icon will open only Video_TS folders.
This is the customary or default mode for Fab.

Hope this helps.

Here are a couple of screenshots:

[QUOTE=candedad;1991033]what about 3:10 to Yuma?[/QUOTE]
Hmmm…
I hear it’s a good flick, but that the original with Van Heflin and Glenn Ford is better…:stuck_out_tongue:
Sorry…couldn’t resist.

Still nothing…i’ve tried everyone’s suggestions and nothing.
DVD FAB recognizes the file fine and saves it to hard drive.
but when I try to write it it says DVDFab cannot open file.

[QUOTE=AngelsTrojans;1991675]Still nothing…i’ve tried everyone’s suggestions and nothing.
but when I try to write it it says DVDFab cannot open file.[/QUOTE]

Have you tryed doing a “Clean uninstall” NOT just the normal uninstall and re-installing

Yes I’ve already done a clean uninstall.
I can not get it to copy the data saved on the computer that was made using DVD Fab.
It’s really starting to piss me off.

By the way…thanks to everyone for trying to help.

[QUOTE=AngelsTrojans;1991817]Yes I’ve already done a clean uninstall.
I can not get it to copy the data saved on the computer that was made using DVD Fab.
It’s really starting to piss me off.

By the way…thanks to everyone for trying to help.[/QUOTE]

Very sorry you are having so much trouble, did you follow each step provided in the link below in my signature :confused:

Are you able to open the files in DVD Shrink or ImgBurn :confused:

Yes I followed every step in your guide for a clean uninstall.
Yes…ImgBurn can open the file.

are you using the write data mode?
http://dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/DVDToDVDWriteData

another user has said the same, so i tested it.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-platinum-4-0-60b-cant-burn-its-own-iso-files-produced-splitting-238049/

I know how to use the “Write Data” mode.
I’ve been doing it this way for months.
I choose “Clone” and put it in a folder on my hard drive.
Then I choose “Write Data”, and direct it to the file’s iso.
It’s always worked the way I do it.
Except for the last two weeks.

The reason I put it on my hard drive first is for 2 reasons.
I’ve had less coasters that way…almost none.
Also, after watching the movie, I convert it to PSP, PS3 or IPOD.
It saves me time.

started in the last two weeks. this was about the time 4055 was introduced. DVDFab products 4.0.5.5 is out (Jan 23, 2008):

are you using v4055 or later. do you have a 4050 setup file saved to your hard drive? if so please uninstall and reinstall 4050 and try again using the same method. as a temporary fix you may use full disc mode with out using the navigation options and saving as video_ts folder.

hope this helps

troy

edit//also use the method from post 4 this way you can still burn it and save the files to hard drive for conversion later.

Thanks Troy.
It could be since that date…I’m not sure.
Right now I’m using 4.0.6.0 Beta.
I don’t have any saved 4.0.5.0.
Any one else???
I’d like to try.

I thought the link to that version was still available, it’s not.

I still have it though.

[QUOTE=AngelsTrojans;1991675]Still nothing…i’ve tried everyone’s suggestions and nothing.
but when I try to write it it says DVDFab cannot open file.[/QUOTE]

i know you say youve tried everything but just to make sure. Have you tried using my suggestions from post 4. then use the write data mode. i know this may not fix the iso problem but until we can confirm that the problem is not in v4050 and is in v4055 then using vob instead of iso maybe a temporary fix.

ive sent you a pm.

please try v4062.

tried 4062…same story
does the same thing… now it’s even doing it as I copy…so it won’t write at all.
It cannot open any files at all.
so can anyone direct me or send me 4050 to try?