PLEASE HELP! DVDFAB 5.0.2.0. Error message

vbimport

I downloaded the new version of dvdfab 5.0.2.0. and there’s an error message when I try to convert from dvd format to iPod format. The error message says: "Error=4 (504 4 Encode Video 1003712 200).

Can someone help me with this , PLEASE!!!

hi,

The reason is the same as slow encode fps, please try use this method to solve this problem temporary, I will try to fix this in next beta version.

Please close all other no using application and make sure there are more memory can be used by DVDFab.

Please try it.

I have a similar problem using DVDFab 5.0.2.0 to rip Evil Dead 2…using 2 pass rip to xvid/mp3 avi file method it advances past the first pass each time but four minutes into the second pass DVDFab says the process completed successfully but also displays error “Task_2 failed! Error=4(504 4 Encode_video 1306400 200)” The output file is unreadable. I"ve tried several times with the same result. Magic DVD Ripper rips this disc fine.

[QUOTE=m1kegallacher;2063432]I have a similar problem using DVDFab 5.0.2.0 to rip Evil Dead 2…using 2 pass rip to xvid/mp3 avi file method it advances past the first pass each time but four minutes into the second pass DVDFab says the process completed successfully but also displays error “Task_2 failed! Error=4(504 4 Encode_video 1306400 200)” The output file is unreadable. I"ve tried several times with the same result. Magic DVD Ripper rips this disc fine.[/QUOTE]Version 5.0.2.2 is out since some hours. Try that one. http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-platinum-gold-hd-decrypter-option-mobile-5-0-2-2-out-245486/

I ran “check for updates” with no affirmative result so thanks for pointing me to the newer version…that fixed it!

I’m also having problems ripping National Treasure 2 (Book of Secrets) and wonder if it might be more widespread than just me. There it’s an audio sync issue which reveals itself almost immediately into the movie although the rip completes without error and again Magic DVD Ripper rips without problem. Sadly, this one was not fixed with the 5.0.2.2 version of DVDFab.

Audio sync on DVD to DVD or DVD to Mobile?

DVD to xvid/mp3 avi file. The DVD on my HDD plays fine and Magic DVD ripper produces an avi with no sync issue although I have it using divx and it has an option to force sync which is set to auto so if that’s even relevant.

[quote=m1kegallacher;2063687]DVD to xvid/mp3 avi file. The DVD on my HDD plays fine and Magic DVD ripper produces an avi with no sync issue although I have it using divx and it has an option to force sync which is set to auto so if that’s even relevant.[/quote]I have not tried any xvid conversions with the new release, but I have done about 6 Archos H264+MP3 that are rock solid. Usually the MP3 audio option has few sync problems. Which profile are you using?

//EDIT// ANd I meant to ask, what player device or PC player software?

I tried ripping National Treasure 2 to h.264/mp3 avi but it still had the audio sync problem and it processed at 35% the usual rate…painfully slow…with no visible quality improvement although I acknowledge h.264 has advantages. I wonder if you have access to this DVD and have the same problem when ripping to either output format?

Per the second bit of your post I’m not clear what “…device or PC player software” you refer to…DVDFab device says “generic” and I think my default DVD decoder was installed with my ATI software. I prefer Nero Showtime for viewing DVD content but I’ll also watch them using Windows Media Player v11.

Using the same HDD source I’m ripping from, I can view the DVD in either Nero or WMP and there’s no audio problem and I can also rip it to divx/mp3 avi using Magic DVD Ripper without problem so I don’t think it’s a problem on the DVD decoding end. The problem appears to be fixed in either DVDFab or the embedded xvid codec…or, I suppose, some security feature that Magic DVD gets around but DVDFab does not although I find that hard to believe since my Magic DVD is an older version supplanted by DVDFab.