Please help DVD to IPod (newbie)

vbimport

My first attempt to use Mobile option (registered Platinum 5.1.1.0). Insert DVD, click Mobile then select IPOD/IPHONE. Click start. Completes 2 1/2 hours later and creates file AC DC Live.Title2.DVDRip.mp4. Drag file to ITunes movies. Double click and nothing happens. In ITunes, right click and select Convert Selection for Ipod/Iphone. ITunes says Converting, but 2 hours later, bar at top of ITunes is not even one quarter done. I have a 5th gen video IPod and am obviously doing something wrong. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

hi,

Not good understand your problem.

first, please make sure, you can play the file which created by DVDFab

second, open iTune, and add this file to iTune, make sure iTune can accept and show this movie in his library, and can play it.

last, please sync your ipod/iphone with iTune.

The file created by DVDFab would not play in Windows Media Player. Is there a player within DVDFab I can try and play it with?

I added the file to ITunes, it accepted it and showed in in the Movies library, but would not play it.

Since it wouldn’t play in ITunes, I didn’t think there was any reason to sych it to my ipod.

WMP will not play mp4 files in its “native” state from MS.
Recommend you download and install VLC media player…it’s free, will play darn near anything and does not rely on external codecs, as opposed to WMP.
It will play the mp4 files as soon as you install it.

There’s a link in my sig below.

What profile did you use for the conversion?..mpeg-4?..h264?

First off, see if you can play the converted files with VLC
and let us know…:wink:

I downloaded and installed VLC and the file created by DVDFab played perfectly - thanks for the link.

I have no idea what “profile” I used - all I did was select Mobile, the iPod/iPhone and Next and it created an mp4 file. I recopied it to iTunes and this time it played so I synched to my iPod and it played there also. Beginner’s luck I guess, but thanks for your help.

[QUOTE=fenway;2154967]I downloaded and installed VLC and the file created by DVDFab played perfectly - thanks for the link.

I have no idea what “profile” I used - all I did was select Mobile, the iPod/iPhone and Next and it created an mp4 file. I recopied it to iTunes and this time it played so I synched to my iPod and it played there also. Beginner’s luck I guess, but thanks for your help.[/QUOTE]

The default settings should work ok for starters.
Check out the tutorial. You can access this by clicking on the blue[B] ?[/B] icon …upper right of application or one of the stickies near the top of the Fab forum. It explains the basics and you can experiment from there.
If I recall correctly, [B]ipod mpeg-4[/B] is the default profile. Below is a screenshot of the “preloaded” profiles.

Anyway, glad to hear you’re up and running.