Please help choice between liteon/plextor both 48x

ordering new alienware setup for my xmas present as kids take over dell.
i have the excellent plextor 2410a now and my choices for alienware are (now) liteon 48x12x48 or plextor 40x12x40a

but they are getting the newer plextor 48x24x48 which is reviewed here (but hopefully will get a firmware update to address the issues mentioned).

the money savings isn’t the issue i am getting the new intel 4 3giger and audigy2 platinum,new megaworks 510d replacements to be thx550’s or something like that as i don’t think there 6.1’s will be out by then and with drm there is no more digital connection for speakers (on my 3rd set of klipsch 5.1’s now so they are out as too unreliable for me) along with ati 9700 pro (first ati card for me after being a staunch nvidai supporter but wish to get into lots of video/audio editing.

so is there a clear choice among these 2 burners?
i do not copy playstation stuff but mostly audio.
and lastly what a great site here with lots of cdr help.

i use tdk certifed 24x cdr red label from circuit city and see lots talk of ty media where would i get spindles of 50/100 of these?

thanx
chevysales

and i did crosspost to get opposing views to make an intelligent decision.

Plextor questions => Plextor forum
LiteOn questions => LiteOn forum

Plextor vs LiteOn (vs Yamaha vs whatever you consider else) => better in general hardware forum (and then, you don’t need to crosspost :stuck_out_tongue: ).