Please help.... backing up mp3's

Hello … can anyone help. I just bought a iomega dvd external rewriter to back up about 7000 songs cos i need to wipe my hard drive. it won’t let me use a dvd to burn a music disc…it wants a cd… i’m backing up at the minute but it going 2 hours and has’nt even finished 1 full album yet … so that’s no good…also it would only accept a formatted re- write disc… any ideas… i know NOTHING about this subject

thanks

DVD MP3 compilation

Hello

In Nero you should use the DVD DATA option. You can not burn an audio DVD with the Nero product.

In Nero 5.5; change the supported media option by using the drop down menu above the burn formats (You will find this option the “New Compilation” window). This menu will probably only display DVD and CD. Select DVD. Next select “DVD-ROM(ISO)” icon right below the media option . Also, change the “Multisession” option to “No Multisession”. This will prevent you or someone else from screwing up your DVD.

In Nero 6; you can launch the Nero StartSmart, select the DVD tab in the upper right hard corner, move your mouse over the “DATA” format icon and click on “Make Data Disc”.

Note: If you using Nero Express, uncheck the “Allow files to be added later (multisession disc)” and check the “Verify data on disc after buring”.

Best

Darrick

Originally posted by DBady

In Nero you should use the DVD DATA option. You can not burn an audio DVD with the Nero product.

In Nero 5.5; change the supported media option by using the drop down menu above the burn formats (You will find this option the “New Compilation” window). This menu will probably only display DVD and CD. Select DVD. Next select “DVD-ROM(ISO)” icon right below the media option . Also, change the “Multisession” option to “No Multisession”. This will prevent you or someone else from screwing up your DVD.

Darrick,

all that has already been explained in an easy-to-understand way and shown in the picture,
the above hyperlink refers to.

Originally posted by BoSkin

Nero > New Compilation > DVD > DVD-ROM (ISO) > New > Drag & Drop MP3s > Burn