Please Help 451s burning problems

vbimport

Hi Guys .. hope u can help me .. I am at wits end here ..

I bought a 411s last week and could not get it to burn a single thing ... either DVDs or normal CD's ... nero would recognise the drive but wouldnt burn anything .. the readbuffer would get to 100% and just sit there ... I took the drive back to the store to get a replacement .. and they upgraded it to a 451s

Same thing .. Nero .. Ver 6. something (latest version) will not burn CD's or DVD's. I installed the sonic software that came with the drive and I am able to burn normal CD's .. both audio and data fine ... But the big problem is it wont burn DVD's .. once again the read buffer gets to 100 % and just sits there .. the drive doesnt spin up or even start to burn or read anything.

I can however use windows explorer to drag and drop files on the dvd drive and it copies them fine ... only problem with that is I have tried to read the burnt DVD on 4 other computers now and it doesnt recognise that the disc has valid data on it ....

I installed the latest set of aspi drivers from adeptic .. but that still doesnt help.

My Questions

1. Why cant I burn any DVD's .. using Nero or Sonic .. and what do I need to do to get them to work properly.

2. Why cant I read those DVD's that I burnt via explorer on other machines

My system is

XP Pro - sp1a
80 GB Matrox HB
Duron 1.2 Gb CPU
512k ddr ram
10/100 Network card
Gforce 2 MX 64 video card
Samsung CD/DVD Rom - Secondary IDE - Master

Liteon 451s - Secondary IDE Slave

BTW ... I tried to remove the Samsung and make the 451s a Master .. no difference at all with the burning.

Thanks for any help in advance