Please guide me to choose the right graphics card with TV out

vbimport

Hello

I have a HDTV alongside with a standard TV. I need a graphics card that supports TV out. I need a component video out as my older TV (SDTV) doesn’t support HDMI input. I think with only one video out connector I will be able to have pictures on both TVs. Most of newer graphics card provide digital video out (HDMI) that doesn’t suit my needs. I need analogue component out. I have heard that windows 7 have difficulty with some ViVo card, so my graphics card must be relatively a modern one like Radeon HD series , I think (and also somehow cheap). What graphics card do you recommend for my need (that it’s TV out functionality is supported by Windows 7)?

Regards,

[QUOTE=Arsha;2578047]Hello

I have a HDTV alongside with a standard TV. I need a graphics card that supports TV out. I need a component video out as my older TV (SDTV) doesn’t support HDMI input. I think with only one video out connector I will be able to have pictures on both TVs. Most of newer graphics card provide digital video out (HDMI) that doesn’t suit my needs. I need analogue component out. I have heard that windows 7 have difficulty with some ViVo card, so my graphics card must be relatively a modern one like Radeon HD series , I think (and also somehow cheap). What graphics card do you recommend for my need (that it’s TV out functionality is supported by Windows 7)?

Regards,[/QUOTE]

What kinda TV do you have that might help as well to know what will have the connectors you will need from the GPU to the TV? I know my GPU has both HDMI and VGA and DVI but no S-Video out. If you want to hook to TV you have to get something like ATI all in wonder card that has output to TV sets. As most newere GPU now only have HDMI or DVI and some still have VGA connectors. So you might want to check on ATI All-in-one-Wonder video cards that might have the connectors your looking for.

From the GPU to the TV, I need component video interface.
So the only solution would be ATI All-In-Wonders? Right?

So what does your older TV have for connectors? Could you tell us the make and model of the TV? That might give those reading more of a idea what kinda card would work better for what your looking to do as well.