Please answer simple burning question

I have DVD fab and to copy a movie, do most people use the main movie option to preserve qualtity or do you use main movie or clone. Does clone dvd keep the full quality of the original??

have you read over the Official Guide for DVDFab
http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/

i only do main movie or occasionally customize mode for disc with multiple titles.

the percentage of compression is shown at the bottom next to the blank dvd size selector. the lower the percentage the more compression, thus less quality.

clone mode will make perfect 1:1 bit-to-bit copies.

[QUOTE=pj5000;2295626]I have DVD fab and to copy a movie, do most people use the main movie option to preserve qualtity or do you use main movie or clone. Does clone dvd keep the full quality of the original??[/QUOTE]

And to complement what Troy512 said, Full DVD to DVD copy to dual layer media will also preserve full original quality, allow you to keep all the extras from the source disc, as well as give you the option of eliminating the FBI warnings and other such extraneous stuff.

OC

:slight_smile:

So to copy a typical movie just use clone dvd to keep the best quality and original titles?

[QUOTE=pj5000;2295638]So to copy a typical movie just use clone dvd to keep the best quality and original titles?[/QUOTE]

All the options work equally well - the choice of option depends on what you want to keep or eliminate from your back up.

From the way your question is pointed, clone and DVD to DVD (full) work equally well to give you a copy indistinguishable from the original on playback.

OC

While in Iraq we would buy dvds with multiple names on it and some were pretty good quality. I have the divx pro and dvdfab Plat. but would like to uses dvdfab, am I able to put full movies (menus and all) with dvdfab? My unit is heading back over and would like to have all my movies on dvd as well as HD. Thanks!

[QUOTE=rushtk;2295649]While in Iraq we would buy dvds with multiple names on it and some were pretty good quality. I have the divx pro and dvdfab Plat. but would like to uses dvdfab, am I able to put full movies (menus and all) with dvdfab? My unit is heading back over and would like to have all my movies on dvd as well as HD. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Please don’t ask a question at the end of someone else’s thread - the Mods call it hijacking - and those of us trying to help can find it difficult to remember who posted what question in what thread, especially if others jump in with their posts, either to answer your question, or help the original poster.

Much better to start your own thread, and much easier for us to keep track of.

To answer your question, yes - DVDFab will do what you want - unless the format of the movie (the file format) is not a DVD format…that is, either an ISO file, or an AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folder with all the IFO, BUP, and VOB files in the VIDEO_TS folder.

DVDFab is of primary use in handling copy-protected DVDs, and your comment about the quality of what you bought makes me think that your movies may not be copy protected, in which case, an everyday file-copying program would serve you as easily as Fab would, unless you want to convert these to DVD format.

That option will take more to explain, and I’d ask you to start your own thread if that’s the case.

OC

Thank you for the help and the correction of proper thread response and questions. I will note it for future threads.