Plds dh 16aas

vbimport

I have a Dell XPS 435MT with this drive, firmware is JD12. Can anyone tell me what liteon model this is.:frowning:

[QUOTE=barebear;2483734]I have a Dell XPS 435MT with this drive, firmware is JD12. Can anyone tell me what liteon model this is.:([/QUOTE]

iHAS124 / iHAS324

Thank you very much.

I just received one of these drives and here’s what it looks like:

The chip is MT1879E.

Just in case someone might need them, I have posted the firmware dumps for JD11 and JD12 in the firmware announcement thread.

For those who want to crossflash, here’s a quick “[B]how to[/B]”:

1. Back up your current firmware using CK’s Flash Utility. Back up your EEPROM using CK’s EEPROM Utility. Keep those two safe.

2. Find a copy of the unscrambled firmware for the iHAS324 A drive (either one in *.exe form from CK’s website, or a *.bin dump) and flash that copy to your drive using the Flash Utility. Restart.

3. After the restart your drive will be recognised as an iHAS324 A but its LED will flash continuously and it won’t read any discs. That’s normal.

4. Open the EEPROM Utility and go to the Crossflash tab. Use the Convert Drive function to complete the crossflash. After the EEPROM Utility finished, restart the computer again.

5. Once you restart you’ll notice that the drive will not blink continuously any more and it will of course be identified as an iHAS324 A :wink: That’s it, you’re done! Congratulations, now you’ve got a proper iHAS324 A drive :wink:

[B]NOTE1:[/B] You can always revert back to your original drive by flashing the firmware and the EEPROM you’ve saved at point 1, back into the drive. Just flash both of them and then restart, and you’ll have your original drive back!

[B]NOTE2:[/B] Once you’ve crossflashed your drive, if at any point in the future LiteON releases a firmware update, you can use their flasher to update your drive without any problems.

For the record, I’ve successfully crossflashed my DH-16AAS into an iHAS324 so the procedure works! :bigsmile:

One last thing:

-DH-16AAS, DH-20AAS, DH-24AAS & DH-16AASH are basically one and the same drive. The only difference is in the firmware they have on board. They can all be crossflashed into an iHAS324 A (or even into an iHAS524 A but that will not enable the LabelTag feature).

-DH-16AAL, DH-20AAL, DH-24AAL & DH-16AALH are Lightscribe capable drives and can be crossflashed into an iHAS424 A.

You can apply the same procedure for crossflashing any iHASx24 drive into its corresponding iHASx24 drive, say iHAS124@iHAS324 or iHAS324@iHAS524 …

Thanks for the info CVS. I recently got a DH-24AAS and was searching for this, didn’t really find a definitive answer. Maybe I didn’t look hard enough. From what I could find, I was assuming that I could do what you posted, just hadn’t built up the courage to try.

[QUOTE=cvs;2485866]For those who want to crossflash, here’s a quick “[B]how to[/B]”:

1. Back up your current firmware using CK’s Flash Utility. Back up your EEPROM using CK’s EEPROM Utility. Keep those two safe.

2. Find a copy of the unscrambled firmware for the iHAS324 A drive (either one in *.exe form from CK’s website, or a *.bin dump) and flash that copy to your drive using the Flash Utility. Restart.[/QUOTE]

Should I check the “update boot code” option when crossflashing from a DH-24AAS to iHAS324?

Any benefit to cross-flashing the DH-24AAS to iHAS324 at this point?

There is BP5P firmware for the DH-24AAS posted in this thread:

My November 2009 mfg. date DH-24AAS came with BP5N firmware, dated 2009-8-13.

I was advised against checking the “update boot code” option when crosh-flashing an Asus drive to a LiteON drive…apparently, the flashing doesn’t touch that code at all anyways.

[QUOTE=davidh44;2487883]Any benefit to cross-flashing the DH-24AAS to iHAS324 at this point?

There is BP5P firmware for the DH-24AAS posted in this thread:

My November 2009 mfg. date DH-24AAS came with BP5N firmware, dated 2009-8-13.

I was advised against checking the “update boot code” option when crosh-flashing an Asus drive to a LiteON drive…apparently, the flashing doesn’t touch that code at all anyways.[/QUOTE]

Would you mind posting a dump of the BP5N and/or BP5P firmwares please?

Some crossflashing advantages I could see:

• iHAS324 will give you Smart Erase
  • iHAS324 stands a much better chance of firmware updates than DH-24AAS I would think
  • Availability of patched firmwares (there’s a patched iHAS524 firmware available).

[QUOTE=cvs;2488173]Would you mind posting a dump of the BP5N and/or BP5P firmwares please?

Some crossflashing advantages I could see:

• iHAS324 will give you Smart Erase
  • iHAS324 stands a much better chance of firmware updates than DH-24AAS I would think
  • Availability of patched firmwares (there’s a patched iHAS524 firmware available).[/QUOTE]
    Both BP5N.bin and BP5P.bin:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/341118044/DH-24AAS.rar.html

BP5P is dated 2009-10-08 while BP5N is dated 2009-08-13

Are iHAS124/324/524 A all the exact same hardware with just “switches” in the firmware to enable additional features?

I thought I had used a software program in which it allowed Smart Erase on my DH-24AAS, but didn’t actually go through with it. Now I can’t even figure out what or where I got the program. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=davidh44;2488925]Both BP5N.bin and BP5P.bin:
http://rapidshare.com/files/341118044/DH-24AAS.rar.html

BP5P is dated 2009-10-08 while BP5N is dated 2009-08-13

Are iHAS124/324/524 A all the exact same hardware with just “switches” in the firmware to enable additional features?

I thought I had used a software program in which it allowed Smart Erase on my DH-24AAS, but didn’t actually go through with it. Now I can’t even figure out what or where I got the program. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Here’s the link to download SmartPack http://www.liteonit.com/DOWNLOADS/utilities/SmartPackSetup.zip :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=davidh44;2488925]
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the firmwares! :flower:

iHAS124/324 A are the same.

iHAS524 A has additional hardware support for LabelTag. You can crossflash an iHAS124/324 A (or any of their OEM clones) into an iHAS524 A, and it will all work perfectly fine, but LabelTag won’t work on crossflashed drives due to the lack of hardware support for it in non-native iHAS524 A drives.

You can check if Smart Erase works with SmartPack (you actually have to try erasing a disc to be sure that it really works).

[QUOTE=cvs;2489462]Thanks for the firmwares! :flower:

iHAS124/324 A are the same.

iHAS524 A has additional hardware support for LabelTag. You can crossflash an iHAS124/324 A (or any of their OEM clones) into an iHAS524 A, and it will all work perfectly fine, but LabelTag won’t work on crossflashed drives due to the lack of hardware support for it in non-native iHAS524 A drives.

You can check if Smart Erase works with SmartPack (you actually have to try erasing a disc to be sure that it really works).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the SmartPack link and iHAS descriptions. :smiley:

And you’re right…I had previously assumed the DH-24AAS was SmartErase compatible because it was listed as a SmartErase capable drive in the SmartPack software. But actually trying to erase a disc results in an error message saying that my drive is not compatible.

good n nice guide…

Hi all!

Anyone knows how can I check if my DH-16AAS is an iHAS124 / iHAS324 A or B ???

I need to find out how to check the A or B letter… I will insert a CFW that needs the B version…

If I have the A version, is there any chance to change it to the B version???

Thanks!

[QUOTE=troublie;2610194]Anyone knows how can I check if my DH-16AAS is an iHAS124 / iHAS324 A or B ???

I need to find out how to check the A or B letter… I will insert a CFW that needs the B version… [/QUOTE]

There’s nothing to check. DH-16AAS is an iHASx24 A clone. A DH-16ABS would be an iHASx24 B clone.

[QUOTE=troublie;2610194]If I have the A version, is there any chance to change it to the B version???
[/QUOTE]

NO, the two drive families use different chipsets!

Thank you for the quick reply!!

Bad luck for me, was in need of the B version…

All the links to the firmware in the thread are dead. Anychance someone still has this A firmware? I have a DH-16AASH drive, I need to flash to burn XGD3 games.

Thanks

[B]brodieman[/B], you don’t want to flash special firmware into “A” drive. You want to use BurnerMAX Payload tool instead.

I tried using that, it didn’t work.