PLDS DH-16A6S drive

I just got a new Dell computer with this PLDS DH-16A6S drive.

I’m having trouble tracking down any software or firmware hacks for it.

Is this an OEM version of some other Lite-On drive?

Is there a bitsetting tool that will actually work with this drive? (The codeguys Settings Utility for LiteOn Drives tool didn’t work.)

Any hacked firmwares that I can use to speed up ripping?

I tried searching the forum, but couldn’t find anything recent where anyone had information on the drive.

I’d be happy to rip the firmware and send it off to someone if there is a firmware backup tool that will work with the drive.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Did you try to backup the firmware using the Flash Utility? It’s more than likely a detuned iHAS120 for OEM builders.

[QUOTE=KTL;2154316]Did you try to backup the firmware using the Flash Utility? It’s more than likely a detuned iHAS120 for OEM builders.[/QUOTE]
I did not try that previously, though I just did.

I have a a BIN of the firmware now.

The information listed by the flash utility was:

Flash ID: C2 14 00 21
Flash size: 2MB
Flash type: MXIC(MX25L1605)

Unfortunately, nothing there tells me if it is an iHAS120 or if I could flash it with the patched iHAS 120 firmwares that I see floating around.

And just for giggles, I downloaded the iHAS120.7L0F.patched-eoht.exe firmware and tried to flash the drive with it.

But when it launched, I got this message:

No matching drives detected!

This firmware is only for a ATAPI iHAS120 6

And the Write Flash button is greyed out.

The Flash Utility will not currently recognize any OEM drives, that’s something in which C0deKing will need to implement into his utility. Contact him to see if he has time to check if it can be crossflashed to a iHAS120. Note that it will void the warranty and there is no guarantee that the drive will burn up to 20x, given that it was a 16x to begin with.

any solution for bitsetting in dh-16a6s?
THANKS