PlayStation Disc Format

Is the following correct?

1: PlayStation 1 games are stored on CD-R discs.
2: PlayStation 2 games are stored on DVD-R discs.
3: PlayStation 3 games are stored on BD-R discs.

Nope, they all come on pressed media.

[QUOTE=chef;2496420]Nope, they all come on pressed media.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? Do they have machines which make copies of an original recordable optical disc?

CD-R, DVD-R and BD-R all refer to disks that can be burned with computer drives.

The game disks you get from commercial sources have a pressed metal layer instead of a dye layer that is burned. They are generally referred to as CD-Rom, DVD-Rom and BD-Rom (read only).

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2496656]CD-R, DVD-R and BD-R all refer to disks that can be burned with computer drives.

The game disks you get from commercial sources have a pressed metal layer instead of a dye layer that is burned. They are generally referred to as CD-Rom, DVD-Rom and BD-Rom (read only).[/QUOTE]

So can you buy a CD/DVD/BD-ROM for personal use, i.e. pressing them yourself or are they only used in mass production etc?

As I mentioned in the chat box…they are only used by companies, not by individuals.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2496667]As I mentioned in the chat box…they are only used by companies, not by individuals.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much Kerry for your help. By the way, i posted that question before i spoke to you in the chat box.

Some PS2 games were on CD-ROM but most were DVD-ROM. Cool boarders and the first midnight club were CD-ROM discs

[QUOTE=MrPete1985;2497183]Some PS2 games were on CD-ROM but most were DVD-ROM. Cool boarders and the first midnight club were CD-ROM discs[/QUOTE]

Thanks MrPete1985, although i did already know this. Fifa 2001 is also on CD-ROM.