Playstation and playstation2

vbimport

can I make backup copys of playstation & playstation2 games with Nero and how would i do it.

for playstation 1 you just putt in the game and a cd-r and press copy.

im no pro but from what everone seems to say is-: u can copy using clone cd but you still need a mod chip to play them…

PSX games - use a simple nero copy and burn on to a CDr using a CD writer

PS2 games- use a simple nero copy and burn on to a DVD-R using a DVD-RW (eg: pioneer 105)

TO play the games you console (PSX or PS2) must be chipped.
I have the messiah PS2 chip, but i think there’s a messiah2 chip out …

Thank`s for the info.

Some Playstation titles are protected with LibCrypt, which Nero can’t copy. Use Alcohol 120% and the Playstation or Playstation 2 profiles.

Originally posted by vio_man
Some Playstation titles are protected with LibCrypt, which Nero can’t copy. Use Alcohol 120% and the Playstation or Playstation 2 profiles.
Nero ca copy libcrypt - all PSX games have libcrypt , i think

Originally posted by shuebhussain
Nero ca copy libcrypt - all PSX games have libcrypt , i think

I think not.

nero can copy all PSX games provided you have a DAO 96 burner (which i took for agranted in the above posts) eg: a liteon 24x or faster model

Nope, nero can’t copy libcrypt protected psx as a stand-alone application.

Nero can write in dao96 mode which is necessary for libcrypt but it can’t read subs from data tracks (only from audio tracks) so it can’t make a good image.

However, very few psx games are actually protected with libcrypt, particularly those in Pal format, so nero can copy most psx titles successfully.

For those that are libcrypt protected, either use CloneCD with the default GameCD profile or alcohol with the playstation profile.

my mistake … but all in all PSX games aren’t hard to copy

I use to remember a few magazines who use to promote the fact that Nero could burn backups of Playstation games Caugh PC Gamer Caugh

Just curious of the umm Mod Chipp Options for PS2 I bought mine in the second shipment they made to the US so I bought it at a Jacked up Price not at $200 mine with a game , memory ant not much else ran me $400+ tax so after playing 8 games on it and using it to watch DVD’s have not got my moneys worth out of it Y you ask … I have to divide my entertainment money on Game Cube , PS2 and PC Games anyway can any one recomend a Mod option that is not dangerous to my PS2 I know its not the forum for it but some one brought ithe Mod thing up so I take advantage of it any way Mod preferably external :bigsmile:

Thanx I parecaite it …:smiley:

no you can’t. As already mentioned use clonecd or aclohol’s corresponding profile.

You will also need a modchip to play them

CloneCD i used during those PSone years,also used the basic profile called LIBCRYPT,
if the game has protection or not,i still burnt it with libcrypt profile,apparently i havent had any problems b4.I also tried it with Nero and it worked fine,

U need ps2 modded also and plus… as for playstation 2 backups… ive finally encountered a problem with devil may cry and dynasty warriors 4,(using alcohol 120%), im using liteon 832s.
Im actually looking for help myself on ps2 haha :PP