Playstation 4 officially announced - but not demonstrated

vbimport

Playstation 4 officially announced - but not demonstrated.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2013/02/kPeMN1.jpg[/newsimage]ony Computer Entertainment has officially announced the Playstation 4 in New York.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/playstation-4-officially-announced-but-not-demonstrated-66254/](http://www.myce.com/news/playstation-4-officially-announced-but-not-demonstrated-66254/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I can’t imagine there’s going to be alot of worldwide demand for this… afterall the ps3 came out before the big banks collapsed and people actually had disposable income (gasoline for example was hovering around $2.85 a gallon)… now most if not ALL of that disposable income is whisked away by other greedy companies for providing the basic necessities of life.

BTW, 8gb of Gddr5 memory sound like it’s going to be pricey so the whole console, maybe approaching $1k?

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2678270]I can’t imagine there’s going to be alot of worldwide demand for this… afterall the ps3 came out before the big banks collapsed and people actually had disposable income (gasoline for example was hovering around $2.85 a gallon)… now most if not ALL of that disposable income is whisked away by other greedy companies for providing the basic necessities of life.

BTW, 8gb of Gddr5 memory sound like it’s going to be pricey so the whole console, maybe approaching $1k?[/QUOTE]

They’ve already said that the cost will be less than PS3’s introductory price so that means less than $600. I’d take a guess and say $399. I imagine Sony will get massive discounts on all the components for buying them in bulk quantities. Even then, they might still be prepared to take a loss on each console sale and make it up through the sale of games and other accessories.

Not a PS user but that last sentence where it states PS4 won’t play PS3 discs…
That is really stupid.

[QUOTE=Steve33;2678374]Not a PS user but that last sentence where it states PS4 won’t play PS3 discs…
That is really stupid.[/QUOTE]
The rest of the world (outside of the USA) already received the PS3 without backwards compatibility with PS1/PS2 games. The only sales which might be affected are the US sales.

Given the state of the economy in the USA & European Union, it’s entirely possible that Sony will focus on selling to China & India, and other areas which actually have a positive economy.

Man not being able to play PS3 discs is really going to make people rush out and buy the Play station 4…

Sony is at it again even if they sold them for less than 399.00 I will not buy it because I am sick and tired of the giant company which has seen there sales drop
off 20% putting the shaft to customers.

SONY Can R.I.P.

The day the company goes belly up is the day I throw a big party!!:smiley:

The end of Sony this time, MS your Next.