PlayStation 4 has Cinavia now confirmed

vbimport

I went to a friends house last night…he was bragging he bought a PS4,
the game he showed me NBA2k14 pretty realistic very impressed.
The console sounds as loud as a phat PS3 was…After a while, I also took a Cinavia
infected DVD which I happen to bring with me as a test… he start to get annoyed as to why I was trying to watch a movie on his PS4. sadly I canceled my
preorder so this was my only choice. The PS4 only option to play video or music features is using Sony Services just as rumored.
At least it can play DVD/BD video…
I popped in the DVD
waited a while and the message came up after 20 Minute mark. My friend was like: “wtf o_0”…yeah I had to go
through that :expressionless: he obviously didn’t know about it…good thing hes not into movies. Also changing the date 1 year ahead no longer gives you 20 more minutes on the PS4. :frowning:

P.S. Will the Xbox one
have Cinavia and be Sony’s bitch? Time will tell. :cool:

All AACS compliant products licenced after the first of February 2012 are compelled to support Cinavia as it’s a mandatory part of the AACS specifications.

[B]Wombler[/B]

So indeed the Xbox One will have it too. I would have like to see if it happens to have a new version of the detector or something else we haven’t seen before :wink:

Does anyone still use physical media anymore ???

[QUOTE=debro;2709424]Does anyone still use physical media anymore ???[/QUOTE]

Right here DVD/BD and proud of it…so there you go…

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2709336]So indeed the Xbox One will have it too. I would have like to see if it happens to have a new version of the detector or something else we haven’t seen before ;)[/QUOTE]

There may well be changes, and that would indeed be interesting to see, although I’d imagine it’s more likely that new variants of the watermark will appear before we see any changes to the actual detection routines.

If I was the one that had designed Cinavia I’d have already built in the possibility for changes in the watermarking system, mirroring the way new structural protection variants are still appearing on DVDs in an attempt to confuse ripping software.

On the basis of how these things have panned out in the past though I’d guess that you won’t see any apparent changes until things start to crumble with the current system. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

If the above is true…Cinavia might not even exist on the Xbox One. :bow:

There shouldn’t be any surprise in it as it is mandatory for all Blu Ray players as of 2012 and for me Xbox One will also have it.

@Wombler, I haven’t had the chance to meet Cinavia (yet) but we’ve posted news (can’t find it so quickly) that Verance will come with a new version that will direct you to a legal (paid) version of the movie you’ve back-upped. I was wondering if that’s available in the ‘wild already’ as I can guess they would need to update something in order for that to become possible.

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2709490]@Wombler, I haven’t had the chance to meet Cinavia (yet) but we’ve posted news (can’t find it so quickly) that Verance will come with a new version that will direct you to a legal (paid) version of the movie you’ve back-upped. I was wondering if that’s available in the ‘wild already’ as I can guess they would need to update something in order for that to become possible.[/QUOTE]

That’s ‘Cinavia Level 3’ and the details surrounding how this will operate or be implemented aren’t entirely clear.

It’s possible that it’s intended for Verance’s recently announced use of Cinavia in new devices such as televisions, set-top boxes, tablets, and mobile phones.

If Verance can get Cinavia into televisions then streamed content would also be affected so this could be a bit of a game changer IMO.

[B]Wombler[/B]