Playstation 2

vbimport

Does the Playstation 2 need to be 'chipped' in order to play backed up games?

If so does anyone know a good supplier of the necessary parts?

I live in the UK.

Tnx
George:confused:

I believe so, yes.

But wasn’t this ruled illegal by a court of law somewhere?
Remember awhere where a manufacturer of these chips was called back because of it…could be wrong though.

(and what is ruled in one country, does not necessarily apply in another country…)

Does the Playstation 2 need to be ‘chipped’ in order to play backed up games?

If so does anyone know a good supplier of the necessary parts?

The Ps2 needs a mod chip the same as the Ps1.There’s are alot of different chips for the Ps2 from the basic mod package that will allow u to play back up games too a full mod package that allows u too play back up games and make the Ps2 region free(dvd’s)

Try http://www.modchip.com ,there are more sites like this so look around u’ll find them.

Later.

Originally posted by Smart@$$
But wasn’t this ruled illegal by a court of law somewhere?
Remember awhere where a manufacturer of these chips was called back because of it…could be wrong though.

they’re legal [wrong]. there are some types of chip that don’t require boot discs called “NEO 4” and “messiah” but these have been outlawed.

I got a neo 2.2 and use a DVDreigon x as the boot disc.
works good on cd copies, not on dvd-r’s.

as for the supplier, it is alwayz cheaper in my experience to go to computer fairs. in Manchester’s bowler’s computer fai u can get neo 2.2’s for £20; but i paid £45 somewhere else with the dvd reison x [worth 20 quid]

It depends, where r u living m8?

Thanks for the info, much appreciated,

:slight_smile:

I have a ps2 modded with origachip 1.12 Pal, it has no problems both on v3, v4, and v5 boards, don’t know about v6… with this chip you can make ps1 titles (original/import/backup) self-bootable and ps2 titles (backup) bootable with single swap( you’ll need a DVD REGION X or similar) ps2 originals will boot normally.
You can find more info here: www.hardstore.com
This is the official italian reseller for Origa and much more…

It is possible to play a game with out a mod-chip.

However, it will break your PS2 eventually.

Originally posted by SirDavidGuy
[B]It is possible to play a game with out a mod-chip.

However, it will break your PS2 eventually. [/B]

interesting, how?

SirDavidGuy meant you have to open your ps2 to do the swap trick without modchip… you also have to replace disc while they’re still spinning, with the risk of damaging the lens and the disc

oh cool, i never knew that - but as already said i got a neo 2.2 anyway :wink: