Playing without cd (warcraft III)

I heard that people could play games that require cds without them. I believe its something called imaging. how can I do that? I can probably assume this has been answered in a previous thread, so if it is, can I have a link or something? ok. thanks

There are programs that allow you to mount the image to a so-called Virtual CD.

I don’t know much about this subject, but I think if you do a search on ‘mount AND image* AND virtual’ you should find a lof of interesting threads on our forum.

Hi! Welcome to the forum . with a help of a software, you can make a virtual cd. what happens exactly is cd drive copies all the data frm the source cd to hard disk and it puts those data to a cd . virtual cds basically fool windows that the cd is actually inserted physically . but it is not. you can also back up copy protected cds . you can find loads of threads based on this by searching it in our club . not only games cd, you can also backup video cds , cd-g , audio cds etc .

hope u understand my english,
Arun

Originally posted by arun_34
[B]Hi! Welcome to the forum . with a help of a software, you can make a virtual cd. what happens exactly is cd drive copies all the data frm the source cd to hard disk and it puts those data to a cd . virtual cds basically fool windows that the cd is actually inserted physically . but it is not. you can also back up copy protected cds . you can find loads of threads based on this by searching it in our club . not only games cd, you can also backup video cds , cd-g , audio cds etc .

hope u understand my english,
Arun [/B]

I know what you’re talking now. what programs can do that though? preferably one thats free or has a trial version. I tried alcohol 52%'s imaging thing, but when the file comes out, i click it and nothing happened so i deleted it. is there anything i happen to be doing wrong?

Nero comes w/ Virtual Drive, so does CloneCD. Nero is free if you buy a Lite-On CDRW.

Play Warcraft III & Battlefield Wihout CD
I heard that people could play games that require cds without them. I believe its something called imaging. how can I do that? I can probably assume this has been answered in a previous thread, so if it is, can I have a link or something? or send me the Program in my email ok. thanks
irfan

You have not read this posts!